The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I get Pennel.

But Bucannon?  I think his reputation is better than his actual play.

I think that if you want that...Burks appears healthy and should get those snaps.  And that's tough for me to type as I'm not Burks fan, but he does deserve his shot if he's healthy.

Any data on how many snaps Burks got on Sunday?

Was it ST's only or was he involved in the defensive schemes?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

11 defensive snaps. 15% of 72 total defensive snaps.

Goodson had 19 defensive snaps.

Martinez had 72. 100% of available.

Hmmmm. Good info. Thanks for that. I'd missed his coming back entirely.

Good know he's in "building back / contributing" mode. Better than "on the sidelines" mode at least.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Hmmmm. Good info. Thanks for that. I'd missed his coming back entirely.

Good know he's in "building back / contributing" mode. Better than "on the sidelines" mode at least.

Only 30 snaps to be had between the ILBs not named Martinez. Given you're usually seeing that guy come in against heavy personnel, I'm not sure how much more of an extended role you're going to see him have.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Only 30 snaps to be had between the ILBs not named Martinez. Given you're usually seeing that guy come in against heavy personnel, I'm not sure how much more of an extended role you're going to see him have.

Dont know either.....but hopefully he'll build back (and perform well enough....) that he can snag a higher % of snaps / field time and potentially give Martinez some time to chill on the sidelines. He's another body at least....and hopefully, his performance will score out higher than that.

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He played some ST snaps to was that accounted for? I think we work him in a bit more depending on his play and maybe against TE heavy teams that run. Nice to have a bit more size on the field a times unless it's Goodson.

Edited by PACKRULE

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Any data on how many snaps Burks got on Sunday?

Was it ST's only or was he involved in the defensive schemes?

PFF has him at 11 snaps.

1 against the run.  10 in coverage.  

Very small sample size but his overall score was like 68.  Which puts him around #16 in the league.  Again, small sample size, but encouraging.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

is a hayden hurst trade viable?  Weren't the Ravens trying to ship him off for cheap to get Ramsey?

How about a Mike Gesicki trade?  Thinking beyond this year, assuming Graham is gone, this offense still needs 2+ TEs.

I would offer a 4th to 7th round pick for Hurst.

18 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I get Pennel.

But Bucannon?  I think his reputation is better than his actual play.

I think that if you want that...Burks appears healthy and should get those snaps.  And that's tough for me to type as I'm not Burks fan, but he does deserve his shot if he's healthy.

That could be true about his reputation, I haven’t seen much of Bucannon lately and will typically want to kick the tires on any ILB type player available even if just for depth/ST.

It could depend on how serious Goodsons injury is and if Burks can stay healthy after that Pec injury. I’m probably higher on Burks than most here given he can stay healthy but wouldn’t mind some insurance either. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Whatever Bucanon is, he's better than Redmond.  Every time there's a big play for the opposing offense, Redmond is around.  I'm sick of having a weak link in the defense.  If our weaker link can be a little less weak, I'm all for it. 

Guys around for the good plays too though, hes everywhere.. that being said I also would prefer he wasnt a serious snap eater. 

6 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Guys around for the good plays too though, hes everywhere.. that being said I also would prefer he wasnt a serious snap eater. 

I thought he was pretty terrible against the Eagles.

Played much better last week.

If what we get from him, on a week to week basis, is last week?  I'll take it.  But if he rides that rollercoaster, then I'd like to see what else we can do at safety.  But I'm more likely to see if Campbell has anything left as opposed to a guy like Bucanon.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

What's realistic compensation for AJ Green? With the current Roster, the one real hole I see keeping GB from deep playoff contention is WR. Someone like Green would be excellent, but with that injury/contract situation it could be difficult.

Or just bring Jordy and Janis back to play with Kumerow.

GB doesn't have a lot of money.  AJ Green will cost a lot of money.  It is that simple.

If there is going to be a trade for a WR and the guy has a high salary, I would guess GB would need to send a higher than "normal" draft pick for the player and negotiate that the other team pick up some of that salary.

And I just don't think that is likely.

I think the one thing keeping GB from a deep playoff run is #12 and his willingness to chuck it to GMO and MVS.  Look, I'm no fan of GMO.  But I've seen him open.  MVS gets open, too.  Pack is 4-1 right now, mostly due to Rodgers not shooting the offense in the foot.  Sooner or later he's gonna need to push the ball to WR's more.  And when that happens, I think the guys we have will respond.  Finger crossed.