The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

About Atkins...I freely admit that I don't know what kind of player he is now....  My mind goes back 4 years or so when he was a dominating force.

I went to PFF....Here is what I found.

He's just "okay" now, but he's playing football at a lower level than he has in the past.  And he's 31.  

2015, overall score of 91.2.

2016 overall score of 87.

2017 overall score of 90.7.

2018 overall score of 83.5.

2019 overall score of 72.5.

Clark is a 69.  Adams is a 42.8.  Lowry is a 56.8.  Lancaster is a 68.9.  For reference.

Contract wise, he's under contract for another 3 years after this one at $14M plus every season.  There's an "out" after this year, though.

Yah, not an ideal contract to take on.

what's wolfe this year

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

what's wolfe this year

@incognito_man I live to serve!

I"ll start with Wolfe's high water mark on PFF.

2015 overall was 86.4.

2016 overall was 70.2.

2017 overall was 67.5.

2018 overall was 75.8.

2019 is 64.1.

2019, 284 snaps.  128 run.  155 pass.  1 coverage.

68.5 against the run.  62.6 against the pass. 

For reference to our players, see prior post.  

He's 29 year old.

He is in the last year of his deal and his cap number is $10.95M.

Pro Football reference has him at 7 games played.  19 total tackles, 2 sacks and 8 pressures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Wolfe's been banged up too. I suggested Gavin Godchaux in another thread. Not a sexy trade, but he's the run stuffer we need.

He's their highest ranked PFF DL.  I've never heard of him, but he's solid according to their stuff.  Really a nice find you listed there.  And under the radar.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Eww. I saw it coming a mile away, but eww.

If we shift our focus to a DL, I'd be OK. I'd even like another safety. We play 3 safety looks enough and Redmond is a great ST player but not on defense.

If Rodgers is going to play in a system, like he's shows the last month, we'll be fine with Adams, MVS, Grant, GMo, Lazard, Kumerow. 

Our 3rd-4th rounder should be open to the best player we can get for it. I'm not for trades for the sake of it, but the NFL has started shifting more to the other leagues where bad teams are willing to sell and good teams buy. We should be looking to buy whenever value presents itself.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If we shift our focus to a DL, I'd be OK. I'd even like another safety. We play 3 safety looks enough and Redmond is a great ST player but not on defense.

If Rodgers is going to play in a system, like he's shows the last month, we'll be fine with Adams, MVS, Grant, GMo, Lazard, Kumerow. 

Our 3rd-4th rounder should be open to the best player we can get for it. I'm not for trades for the sake of it, but the NFL has started shifting more to the other leagues where bad teams are willing to sell and good teams buy. We should be looking to buy whenever value presents itself.

For safety we have Campbell and probably Greene coming back in December. 

DL I could get behind, but I think it's way too much of an overreaction to be off the WR train because Lazard caught a few passes. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

For safety we have Campbell and probably Greene coming back in December. 

DL I could get behind, but I think it's way too much of an overreaction to be off the WR train because Lazard caught a few passes. 

Has nothing to do with the WRs and more to do with the scheme and our QB.

I'd add a WR if value presents itself, if the Bengals want anything more than a 3rd for Green or the Broncos a 4th for Sanders, pass.

• Like 1