The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

15 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Slept on it and yeah, there’s no way I’m investing another first round pick into a defensive back considering how many high picks we’ve used on them the last 5 years. I’m not even convinced he’d make our defense noticeably better. 

What?  He'd be replacing Tramon Williams in the slot.  It's a massive upgrade now and into the future.

• Like 2

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

What?  He'd be replacing Tramon Williams in the slot.  It's a massive upgrade now and into the future.

An upgrade? Sure. It’s still a luxury. Our secondary is in better shape than it’s been since we won the super bowl. Our resources need to start going into the other side of the ball. 

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Everyone's favorite PFF had him as the top rated slot guy last year .. or at least that's what I read on the interwebs.  He did look like garbage last week, but I want to blame that one the messy situations the Dolphins are in.

I'm not denying he played well. I guess I don't like phrasing it as a sure thing is all. I don't think the risk is high at all though. 

1 hour ago, Norm said:

As a fan, you always want to trade your first right now..Then draft day comes and you're like god dammit.

I'm usually on the hell no train for trading any draft capital, but w/ Mink only a year into a the rookie deal & it being like maybe a 20% chance we draft at a better talent at 24-32, I'm on board with it. Even tho they're for sure not gonna do it 

• Like 1

IIRC, if Minkah would've been there for our pick we wouldn't have traded down, we would have taken him.  If Gute thinks that highly of him we should get him.

The kind of sacrifice (#1 pick) you need to become elite.  Just try to get back a day two pick.