The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

9 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Taylor Widener was a throw in in the Souza deal but he’s probably our best prospect now.  Hazen getting that swap for Banda was genius.

Don't think he was just a throw-in, as he was good at getting strikeouts last year and had a strong year overall, but he's certainly taken it to another level.

2 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Don't think he was just a throw-in, as he was good at getting strikeouts last year and had a strong year overall, but he's certainly taken it to another level.

Non-headliner is what I should’ve said.  The only post-2017 rankings of the Yankees system I could find pre-trade had him ranked #22.

Sitting in the pouring rain watching my friends kid play in LLWS regionals and this Mass pitcher is hitting 74 at 12 years old (he's also my height). Pretty decent form too.

Different game lol. I remember feeling the blazing heat when guys hit 60 at that age.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Sitting in the pouring rain watching my friends kid play in LLWS regionals and this Mass pitcher is hitting 74 at 12 years old (he's also my height). Pretty decent form too.

Different game lol. I remember feeling the blazing heat when guys hit 60 at that age.

From 46 feet? That may as well be 100.

22 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

My twins were in a 12U league this year (rec league) and one team had a guy hitting 70+ from a 52 foot mound.  Needless to say, we didn't win that game.  Control wasn't bad either, although I did have doubts about the kid's age as he was about 5'8" and had the beginnings of mustache (seriously, this isn't a joke).

On 8/12/2018 at 8:43 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Holy ****.  

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

My twins were in a 12U league this year (rec league) and one team had a guy hitting 70+ from a 52 foot mound.  Needless to say, we didn't win that game.  Control wasn't bad either, although I did have doubts about the kid's age as he was about 5'8" and had the beginnings of mustache (seriously, this isn't a joke).

Did they move the mound back? Thought it was 46 feet until 13, then 60.5 thereafter.

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

You are pretty much describing me as a 12 year old. I was about 5'7 and had the beginnings of facial hair. I dont think I hit 70, but I threw harder than anyone my age(probably in the 60s). Everyone else caught up with me. Ended up being right at 6 ft, and couldnt throw harder than 80 at any point in my baseball career from a full mound. 

56 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Did they move the mound back? Thought it was 46 feet until 13, then 60.5 thereafter.

In SW Ohio 10U is 46 feet, 12 U is 50-52 feet (Different leagues have different measurements here), 14 U goes to 54, then High School goes to 60.5.  Mind you my boys are only in a rec league, so i'm not sure about the select leagues.