College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

My bad I meant to say Wirfs as a top 10 pick at tackle. 

as a guard I think he’s top 10 worthy

I think all four tackle prospects are worth top 10 picks, but in Wirfs case he’d be worth it at guard if your going to play him at tackle I don’t see the all pro player he could be at guard 

Gotcha. I read that as you didn’t see a single Top 10 LT in the draft LOL.

Ok guys if and buts were candy in nuts

free agency Jones db Dallas

Fowler end la

draft trade the 10th overall plus A expiring contract for Yannick

2 delphin fs lsu

3Tyler Biadasz center wisconsin

3b Troy pride db Notre-Dame

4 Trey Adams lt washington

6Phillips linebacker lsu

this team signed or drafted 6 all pros Lamar Jackson would not make his way through playing us and neither would big ben.

offense this is 4 yards and a cloud of dust when I see you with 9 people in the box  i throw the ball to Kareem hunt  against my pick of your linebackers.

Just some food for thought 

45 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Villenuva height 6feet 9 inches position left tackle pro bowl selection 2017and 2018.

every lineman at 10 is better than this guy how come nobody brought this up .

end of debates gentleman.

Your bring up pro bowls, which is extremely watered down now since the likely starters don’t play because they are in the Super Bowl. Hell Trubisky is Considered a pro bowl QB

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

6’7 3/8.

And my main point was his enormous weight.

The issue for Becton is endurance and fitness.

Weight is related to that.

He gasses in a lot of games (not all though as his conditioning got better over the course of the season) out and his technique comes undone as the game goes on and gets gassed into the 4th quarter with hands on hips and slow to the line.

Even with improved conditioning I have concerns regarding his play trait fit with a pro ZBS system despite his exposure to inside and outside zone schemes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok guys if and buts were candy in nuts

🔥🔥🔥

free agency Jones db Dallas

Flowers end la

Let's just hope we can get these guys once free agency opens.

draft trade the 10th overall plus A expiring contract for Yannick

I don't know...do you think the Jaguars would go for it? 

2 granite delphin fs lsu

composition-stone-dolphin_28011_pic3_siz

3Tyler Biadasz center wisconsin

Nice pick to replace JC Tretter. People say he doesn't fit the system, but I think he'd be fine.

3b Troy pride db Notre-Dame

Seems a bit high for him, but I like the player. I think he'd be there for our fourth at least.

4 Trey Adams lt washington

He plays really well for the Ducks. Let's hope he knocks it out of the park at the combine.

6Phillips linebacker lsu

A steal.

this team signed or drafted 6 all pros Lamar Jackson would not make his way through playing us and neither would big ben.

Indecipherable...will revisit.

offense this is 4 yards and a cloud of dust when I see you with 9 people in the box  i throw the ball to Kareem hunt  against my pick of your linebackers.

I imagine you holding a Kareem Hunt action figure in one hand and several generic linebacker action figures in the other hand as you talk to them all.

Just some food for thought 

thanks have a nice day

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just stop responding.

😠😡😤

Edited by NudeTayne
no
  • Like 4

I’ve since the beginning that Becton’s weight is a concern for me.

370 is just too much weight to carry around and be effective and have a long career at tackle imo. Looking at other tackles who were big as hell and played at an elite level, 320-340 is about the max they weighed. 

Does Becton move well?  Yes.  But I think that points more to his exceptional athleticism than, as some seem to think, “there’s just not enough fat on him to lose 30 pounds”.  There is, and he should.

To add to that, if he’s not able to lose weight now, what’s he gonna look like at 27+?  Is he just gonna tack on 5-10 pounds a year as he develops his body further?  Or are we pretending he’s already maxed out at 21-22?

I think if you get him to drop 30-35 pounds he’s going to be exceptionally nimble and still have size and strength in spades to move people in the run game in our scheme.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

🔥🔥🔥

Let's just hope we can get these guys once free agency opens.

I don't know...do you think the Jaguars would go for it? 

composition-stone-dolphin_28011_pic3_siz

Nice pick to replace JC Tretter. People say he doesn't fit the system, but I think he'd be fine.

Seems a bit high for him, but I like the player. I think he'd be there for our fourth at least.

He plays really well for the Ducks. Let's hope he knocks it out of the park at the combine.

A steal.

Indecipherable...will revisit.

I imagine you holding a Kareem Hunt action figure in one hand and several generic linebacker action figures in the other hand as you talk to them all.

thanks have a nice day

😠😡😤

giphy.gif 

giphy.gif 

• Like 1