College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like we’d draft some Oregon Ducks offensive linemen. I’m looking specifically at Calvin Throckmorton and Dallas Warmack. They both block for the right side and would fix our right side.

I’d go Tyler Badiaz in round 1 and throckmorton in Rd. 2

Austin Jackson of USC is another kid worth keeping an eye on. Not sure how he will do at the combine, but I bet he’s the most athletic of the OT’s. Maybe behind Andrew Thomas.

We lucked out this year. There’s a lot of quality OT’s.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Austin Jackson of USC is another kid worth keeping an eye on. Not sure how he will do at the combine, but I bet he’s the most athletic of the OT’s. Maybe behind Andrew Thomas.

We lucked out this year. There’s a lot of quality OT’s.

Spot on - this really is a tackle rich draft. Senior Bowl should be must see TV

On 12/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, candyman93 said:

Brycen Hopkins of Purdue is a stud at tight end. He run blocks well too.

I had him in my first mock. I saw him as a Njoku type player. He’s a big mismatch. Do you have any clips of him blocking? I’ve watched several Purdue games and he doesn’t block much.

I’d like to see more of Chad Thomas coming down the stretch. If he gets 2-3 more sacks, I’d cut Vernon and start him opposite of Myles. Vernon is going to be 30 and cost 15 mil. 

I feel like cutting Kirksey and making Mack the starter will be pretty unanimous on here.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’d like to see more of Chad Thomas coming down the stretch. If he gets 2-3 more sacks, I’d cut Vernon and start him opposite of Myles. Vernon is going to be 30 and cost 15 mil. 

I feel like cutting Kirksey and making Mack the starter will be pretty unanimous on here.

I think we’re probably going to see that either way.  I think he’s shown he’s at least capable and Vernon has zero dead cap space.

Kirksey is gone, as is Carrie, as is Randall most likely. 

Those 4 account for roughly 38-40 million iirc.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:34 PM, Horseunit said:

It's these two or bust for me with our first two selections.

Image result for jedrick wills"

Image result for shane lemieux"

This is where I’m at draft wise. My offseason would include those 2 being my first 2 picks and this offseason:

Release / Let walk: Olivier Vernon, Christian Kirksey, Damarious Randall, TJ Carrie, Chris Hubbard, and Rashard Higgins.

Resign: Joe Schoebert, Justin Burris, Ricky Seals-Jones, and Greg Robinson.