So I guess Trent Williams must be worth (2) first round picks minimum, right?

aceinthehouse

Part of me is actually wondering whether or not they really think Williams is going to show up by the deadline for this to count as a year.  If Bruce thinks he will, then that could be when they want to install Haskins as the starter.  It makes sense.  

But what doesn't make sense is.....even if Trent shows up, how long will it be to get into game shape?  Every day he doesnt play, his value is going down because we don't know if/when he will be ready to play.  Hell, if he comes in and plays for us, he could mail it in, which would be worse for Haskins than playing with Donald Penn protecting his blindside.  

The handling of this situation has been terrible, and lays at the feet of Bruce Allen.  Sadly, the owner can't be bothered to do anything about it.  

On 10/16/2019 at 10:54 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Part of me is actually wondering whether or not they really think Williams is going to show up by the deadline for this to count as a year.  If Bruce thinks he will, then that could be when they want to install Haskins as the starter.  It makes sense.  

But what doesn't make sense is.....even if Trent shows up, how long will it be to get into game shape?  Every day he doesnt play, his value is going down because we don't know if/when he will be ready to play.  Hell, if he comes in and plays for us, he could mail it in, which would be worse for Haskins than playing with Donald Penn protecting his blindside.  

The handling of this situation has been terrible, and lays at the feet of Bruce Allen.  Sadly, the owner can't be bothered to do anything about it.  

All he has to do is show up and then fake an injury. Ramsey did the same thing. 

On 10/13/2019 at 12:34 PM, e16bball said:

So the only rational strategy is to deter the players from holding out/demanding trades by demonstrating that it won’t work. Make it clear that if you choose to do this, your situation will only get worse, not better. And that only works if everybody (or most everybody) is on board and sticks to the gameplan. Which I think is what we’re seeing around the league right now, and I think Snyder/Allen are only all too happy to ride the hard line for the owners.

That would be collusion, but that cannot be! We KNOW that the owners don't collude against the players (or penalize teams who don't play along with the not-collusion).

On 10/20/2019 at 10:05 PM, candyman93 said:

If I had to gamble, I’d say you end up trading with New England for their 1st.

More and more I’m starting to realize how much of a problem Baker has been in regards to our failures.

I could have told you that in April of 2018. Mayfield is overrated.

28 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

OT Gregg Robinson, TE  Njoku, 2020 1st rounder, 2020 4th Rounder, 2021 2nd rounder 

I would be happy then....

Why do we want Greg Robinson?

Also, no way we get two firsts and one of the best young TEs in the NFL.

If Njoku is thrown into this trade - which I doubt will happen - then we probably would only get a 2020 2nd instead of a 1st for Trent.