Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Browns

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

ok I’m done with the hype F this

Yes they are good yes they might make the playoffs but for a day cmon Titans shut this bum @ss city the hell up

Full disclosure: I went to Tennessee local broadcasts (as a Browns fan) to get similar predictions about the Titans winning Sunday because that is just what local stations do whether college or pro. Unfortunately every one I saw were predicting the Titans to lose to the Browns so I was unable to defuse your anger towards the Browns and their hype by showing you that it is normal for locals to do things like that. That leaves me with saying nothing or throwing a little fuel on the fire and that is a tough call because I already lost on what my initial intent was. I was proven wrong before even stating my side. So, out of irritation of already being defeated once I'll add some fuel. You hate us cause you... just kidding, we're not the Patriots. If your locals don't even think you are winning why would you expect ours to? That enough fuel to be considered a burn? No? Oh well.

It's a new year and nothing is certain. I could see the Browns winning 31-10. I could see the Titans winning 27-3. I imagine it will be somewhere in between. As a Browns fan I really hope the Browns win and look impressive doing so. That want will filter in to what I actually believe will happen so my thoughts can't be neutral or accurate. I also don't know your team nearly as well as I know my team and I imagine that is the same if it were reversed.

I look at position groups and like ours more. One of the local Tennessee sites I visited had the Titans with the better special teams, defense and coaching and the Browns with the better offense. They still predicted a Browns win. There are a lot of variables, like stuff that is forced by the defenses but in all likelihood the winner will be the more effective QB. Mayfield is coming off of probably his worst showing as a pro albeit in a preseason game so maybe that carries over. Mariota has a competent QB breathing down his neck and maybe that helps his focus and game play. Who knows what happens in week one. I don't.

Okay this post is 10 times as long (maybe more) than my average post already so I must be going. I wouldn't even read a post this long if it was in our sub-forum. Good luck in staying healthy and bad luck on the scoreboard.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Good luck today. Like I've said before, I think you guys will be really interesting to watch and I think you guys have a legit shot at winning your division.

But with that said, I hope we kick your butt.

Image result for dr evil laugh gif

source.gif

Edited by TitanTuff
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Whatever happens it can't be as bad as the Vols past two games.

8 hours ago, -Hope- said:

welcome to the “this program will never, ever be back” club, the water’s fine

I mean, when the bar is "don't be historically bad," I imagine that the Titans will pass.