Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 12/15/2018 at 10:01 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Some jackass stole a box of KHIII copies and sold them all at $100 a pop. So street date has officially been broken over a month early.

Damn you gotta figure that's a lot to risk for so little money. That's at most maybe ~$5,000? And if he gets caught he will be sued into dust.

Why is the game releasing so late if they already have printed copies though?

15 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Damn you gotta figure that's a lot to risk for so little money. That's at most maybe ~$5,000? And if he gets caught he will be sued into dust.

Why is the game releasing so late if they already have printed copies though?

He stole 30 copies so not even 5 grand. Also he already got caught and that's criminal larceny so he's getting rightfully ****ed up.

They're printing now to avoid having to rush thanks to the holiday season. Games routinely print a month or so before release right after going gold.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They're printing now to avoid having to rush thanks to the holiday season. Games routinely print a month or so before release right after going gold.

That's honestly stupid if that's the reason why. Games should just release through digital copies early then. If people want the physical copies they can just get that shipped to them whenever they come out.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

That's honestly stupid if that's the reason why. Games should just release through digital copies early then. If people want the physical copies they can just get that shipped to them whenever they come out.

Yeah that's not how marketing works. You have to be able to market your product carefully to maximize sales when you're betting a ****load of money on it. This isn't tiny indie game. This is Disney.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Mate ya gotta make your stock in advance, especially when you're betting on the game more or less being your big hit for the year like SE/Disney are. 

I'm sure SE has other titles coming out for 2019 but I can't think of one/ a bigger one.

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yeah that's not how marketing works. You have to be able to market your product carefully to maximize sales when you're betting a ****load of money on it. This isn't tiny indie game. This is Disney.

You don't have to market a 10 year old conclusion to a trilogy that much bud.

2 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Mate ya gotta make your stock in advance, especially when you're betting on the game more or less being your big hit for the year like SE/Disney are. 

I'm sure SE has other titles coming out for 2019 but I can't think of one/ a bigger one.

They don't have to stockpile physical copies to sell digital copies.

22 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

They don't have to stockpile physical copies to sell digital copies.

No.1 they're still working on the game (expect a big day 1 patch) so like they're still not gonna let you play it just yet. 

no.2 They set a release date

no.3 The people that want a physical copy/expect it to be out in late January suddenly hear "KH3 is now selling digital copies" 

no.4 you can buy it digitally. It's been out for pre-order like 2 weeks on Xbox and I think PS4 got it this week. 

Really hoping the Xbox Version is playable on P.C because I have longed for the days when a KH game is playable on P.C via legal means and non emulation means. Xehanort damn you 358/2 days. 

I wonder if the switch will get a port at some point or if they'll just never do it. 

28 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

No.1 they're still working on the game (expect a big day 1 patch) so like they're still not gonna let you play it just yet. 

no.2 They set a release date

no.3 The people that want a physical copy/expect it to be out in late January suddenly hear "KH3 is now selling digital copies" 

no.4 you can buy it digitally. It's been out for pre-order like 2 weeks on Xbox and I think PS4 got it this week. 

Really hoping the Xbox Version is playable on P.C because I have longed for the days when a KH game is playable on P.C via legal means and non emulation means. Xehanort damn you 358/2 days. 

I wonder if the switch will get a port at some point or if they'll just never do it. 

I'm saying that in the future games should be released this way, although the day 1 patch thing makes sense.

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I'm saying that in the future games should be released this way, although the day 1 patch thing makes sense.

Nah man I'm all for digital, but console games should continue to have physical disks. 

If only to keep copies of games around after servers for a generation shuts down and games are lost for good.

• Like 1