Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Good advice especially with your second statement. I'm only level 6 but I love open world game bc I like to just go to wherever. I'll keep that in mind though and just chill with Preston for a while. Right now I'm going his mission a little further south just killing raiders in some factory or whatever. 

I need to ditch extra armor but I'm waiting to run into a town to sell the crap. Thought I found that in this little settlement that asked me a bunch of weird questions to enter but the door is never unlocked.

I'm not sure why you didn't get into Covenant... I've never seen that before. Maybe you are too low of a level? Usually once you take the little quiz they open the door.  

10 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm not sure why you didn't get into Covenant... I've never seen that before. Maybe you are too low of a level? Usually once you take the little quiz they open the door.  

No I got in there fine, talked to Jacob and Dan, and Jacob kept talking about this store but the door never opened. I came in at night but slept until day and nothing changed. It's the building on the right as I could see in the windows. 

Regardless, thanks for your advice regarding the game. It's helped and become more enjoyable in the process. Steep learning curve opposed to most games I've played and I'm sure I'm not even close to being done. I do know one thing, regardless of what game it is, flying enemies are stupid hard especially in this game

Edited by JTagg7754

I became a millionaire in Fallout 4 over this weekend.  I don't want to commit to something like that ever again because it got to a point where I wasn't even having fun anymore. 

I think I have exhausted the playability of Fallout 4 for the next ten years based on how long this one took me. 

Now I'm going to find every single star in Super Mario 64.  This will probably take me even longer.  Some of those stars are damn near impossible. 

14 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I became a millionaire in Fallout 4 over this weekend.  I don't want to commit to something like that ever again because it got to a point where I wasn't even having fun anymore. 

I think I have exhausted the playability of Fallout 4 for the next ten years based on how long this one took me. 

Now I'm going to find every single star in Super Mario 64.  This will probably take me even longer.  Some of those stars are damn near impossible. 

now, in fallout, try to spend that million.

when you are back down to zero, you can stop

Just now, MathMan said:

now, in fallout, try to spend that million.

when you are back down to zero, you can stop

Pffff, that would be easy.  That would take like a single day.  The reason it took so long to make that much is because vendors only have 900-1200 caps every 48 hours.  I'd have to fast travel between Diamond City, Bunker Hill, Far Harbor and Nuka Town market probably 5 times just to sell off one load of water and supplies. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Pffff, that would be easy.  That would take like a single day.  The reason it took so long to make that much is because vendors only have 900-1200 caps every 48 hours.  I'd have to fast travel between Diamond City, Bunker Hill, Far Harbor and Nuka Town market probably 5 times just to sell off one load of water and supplies. 

You had 600,000 less than a week ago. You cheated your way to the finish.... im disappointed

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

You had 600,000 less than a week ago. You cheated your way to the finish.... im disappointed

That 600,000 was when I was still completing missions.  The last week I spent improving settlement happiness (gives more money), farming water, taking EVERYTHING out of the settlements and selling it, and basically fast traveling from settlement to settlement, then selling.  I did NOT cheat.  I didn't use a single mod, I didn't use a single glitch.  I earned that million dollars.  It doesn't matter what you say, I know I did it, and you can't take it away from me. 

On 3/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, cddolphin said:

Sounds like those of you who have tried Kingdom Come would recommend it? I'm considering buying it today.. I like RPGs, I like historical settings (especially European history / Holy Roman Empire stuff), haven't bought a game at full price in years though. Except Overwatch.

The combat is hard? That would be perfect. My biggest gripe in games is easy gameplay.

So I'm stuck where you have to acquire a ring from the chest of the executioner (basically right after the opening credits roll) because I can't pick locks. I just can't do it...

Life is Strange: Before the Storm released the bonus "Farewell" episode today. It effectively wraps up the entirety of the season one story.

I highly recommend it (LiS & LiS: BtS) to anyone looking for a wrecking-ball of emotions.

• Like 1

I just got the remake of Secret of Mana.  It is one of my favorite games of all time, so I am happy to have it.  I am not overly impressed by the voice acting.  Getting the weapon levels seems to be easier than I remember, though that could be because I am on level 1 weapons and I was a lot younger when I played through it on the SNES.

7 hours ago, cddolphin said:

So I'm stuck where you have to acquire a ring from the chest of the executioner (basically right after the opening credits roll) because I can't pick locks. I just can't do it...

I think I had the same problem when I started. I basically just saved in front of the chest and kept reloading. Lock picking is stupid hard and I haven't even bothered trying anything above easy. There is supposed to be a patch tomorrow and I believe lock picking difficulty on console is one of the changes.