Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 4/4/2018 at 12:41 PM, KManX89 said:

Spider-Man PS4 finally gets a release date.

Mark it down on your calendar, folks, the greatest superhero game ever made, September 7, 2018.

This game looks effing sick. 

48 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

It really, really does. Can't wait for this one

Is it basically going to be Just Cause 3? 

Because whenever I play that game, all I can think is that it is just an rebranded Spiderman game. And it is awesome.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Yup, Spider-Man, Spyro, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Dragon Quest IX. Man, September is gonna be a loaded month.

Dragon Quest was Dragon Warrior back in my NES days. Are those games still good?? I had no damn clue they were still making them. I loved the first 3

Been playing Ni No Kuni 2. I really don't know how to feel about the game... There are so many ideas, concepts, and systems in the game that it is such a large undertaking of a game, but they all feel pointless because of how easy the game it. The story has a good structure, but a lot of things feel a little too easy. My character is basically trying to create world peace and I feel like I won't run into any obstacles as long as I do one favor lol. There just isn't any drama that actually feels scary. 

It's weird though because I think I felt similar with Ni No Kuni 1. When I was playing the game, I felt a little indifferent, but I kept playing. When the game was finished I still felt a little underwhelmed. Then as time passed I started to see the game in a really positive light. No idea why, but I just have a good feeling about it when I think about it and it made me buy the second game. 

I don't really have any regret buying the game though. It's still fun, but its scale is just amazing, but nothing about it feels fantastic.

6 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Been playing Ni No Kuni 2. I really don't know how to feel about the game... There are so many ideas, concepts, and systems in the game that it is such a large undertaking of a game, but they all feel pointless because of how easy the game it. The story has a good structure, but a lot of things feel a little too easy. My character is basically trying to create world peace and I feel like I won't run into any obstacles as long as I do one favor lol. There just isn't any drama that actually feels scary. 

It's weird though because I think I felt similar with Ni No Kuni 1. When I was playing the game, I felt a little indifferent, but I kept playing. When the game was finished I still felt a little underwhelmed. Then as time passed I started to see the game in a really positive light. No idea why, but I just have a good feeling about it when I think about it and it made me buy the second game. 

I don't really have any regret buying the game though. It's still fun, but its scale is just amazing, but nothing about it feels fantastic.

I loved the first. Reminded me of a Studio Ghibli movie. It was somewhat easy but still was unique and had its challenges. The 2nd I was really excited for but for whatever reason I find it really underwhelming. 

On 3/30/2018 at 10:35 AM, Danger said:

Going to play Far Cry 5 next, but after that I got a few games in the back log to play including

The Last of Us
Wolfenstein 2
FF XV

Probably a few others that I don't remember, but which one of those three should I play first?

On 3/30/2018 at 8:02 PM, Troy Brown said:

bruh you need to play the last of us asap 

one of the few true masterpiece video games 

On 4/2/2018 at 5:09 PM, JTagg7754 said:

The Last of Us was my first PS4 game and probably one of the best I've played. It's short but fantastic and rather difficult.

FFXV is a great game purely for entertainment. The story wasn't awful but it was a ton of fun and I put a good 92 hours into it if not mistaken.

Never played the other so if you're going for hours of game play, definitely FFXV. tLoU took about 16 hours for me but I didn't try to find everything and whatnot.

Just gotta echo Last of Us has to be first.   It might still be my favorite game ever being a MGS/Unchartered/RE/FF/Zelda fan as my base of go-to games.   Just nothing like it out there story-wise, and really great characters.    It's tough at times, but not impossible.   Can't wait for LoU2.

FF XV is definitely a polarizing game - as someone who played all the US FF's, and then FFV imported, and then FFVII onwards except XIV, XV is definitely better than the disaster that XIII was.  It's nowhere near the classics that VI and XII were, though, or as revolutionary as VII was.  Still, it's also probably one of the easiest for non-FF fans to get used to playing.   And it's much better with some of the updates fixing their ugliest chapter gameplay-wise.

Edited by Broncofan

Xbox expanding on their backwards compatibility library. This is an excellent list. I am ready for Destroy All Humans  

Blinx: The Time Sweeper (April 17)

Breakdown (April 17)

Conker: Live & Reloaded (April 17)

Destroy All Humans (April 26)

The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind (April 17)

Full Spectrum Warrior (April 26)

Hunter The Reckoning (April 17)

Jade Empire (April 17)

Mercenaries Playground of Destruction (April 26)

MX Unleashed (April 26)

Panzer Dragoon Orta (April 17)

Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (April 26)

SSX 3 (April 17)

Star Wars Battlefront (April 26)

Star Wars Battlefront II (lol, the original one) (April 26)

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (April 26)

Star Wars Jedi Starfighter (April 26)

Star Wars KOTOR II: The Sith Lords (April 26)

Star Wars Republic Commando (April 26)

7 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Xbox expanding on their backwards compatibility library. This is an excellent list. I am ready for Destroy All Humans  

Blinx: The Time Sweeper (April 17)

Breakdown (April 17)

Conker: Live & Reloaded (April 17)

Destroy All Humans (April 26)

The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind (April 17)

Full Spectrum Warrior (April 26)

Hunter The Reckoning (April 17)

Jade Empire (April 17)

Mercenaries Playground of Destruction (April 26)

MX Unleashed (April 26)

Panzer Dragoon Orta (April 17)

Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (April 26)

SSX 3 (April 17)

Star Wars Battlefront (April 26)

Star Wars Battlefront II (lol, the original one) (April 26)

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (April 26)

Star Wars Jedi Starfighter (April 26)

Star Wars KOTOR II: The Sith Lords (April 26)

Star Wars Republic Commando (April 26)

Waiting for them to do a JSRF backwards compatability(cuz Sega will never do a remaster sadly) and then id be more tempted to buy an XB1 finally.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:59 AM, Broncofan said:

Just gotta echo Last of Us has to be first.   It might still be my favorite game ever being a MGS/Unchartered/RE/FF/Zelda fan as my base of go-to games.   Just nothing like it out there story-wise, and really great characters.    It's tough at times, but not impossible.   Can't wait for LoU2.

FF XV is definitely a polarizing game - as someone who played all the US FF's, and then FFV imported, and then FFVII onwards except XIV, XV is definitely better than the disaster that XIII was.  It's nowhere near the classics that VI and XII were, though, or as revolutionary as VII was.  Still, it's also probably one of the easiest for non-FF fans to get used to playing.   And it's much better with some of the updates fixing their ugliest chapter gameplay-wise.

I started Final Fantasy XV a couple of weeks ago and I just couldn't get into it. I actually miss the days of turn-based combat, and I felt like I just didn't understand the story or characters at all in the beginning. Maybe I'll give it another shot some day - I haven't played a JRPG (besides Fire Emblem, which is more of a strategy RPG) in a long time. Maybe they're just not for me anymore. I used to enjoy the old Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Golden Sun, Breath of Fire type of games though. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Been watching streams for a game called Welcome to the Game 2. I don't think I've have the patience to play it but man does it look cool. 

Now that I think of it, it's a better Five Night's At Freddy's. It's really interesting, but I also can only watch so many failed attempts lol. I want to watch a win, but if I look that up, the suspence will be gone lol

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I started Final Fantasy XV a couple of weeks ago and I just couldn't get into it. I actually miss the days of turn-based combat, and I felt like I just didn't understand the story or characters at all in the beginning. Maybe I'll give it another shot some day - I haven't played a JRPG (besides Fire Emblem, which is more of a strategy RPG) in a long time. Maybe they're just not for me anymore. I used to enjoy the old Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Golden Sun, Breath of Fire type of games though. 

Yeah they are different animals that those JRPG’s (you forgot Chrono Trigger dude!). I just finished playing Secret of Mana and FF VI on the SNES Classic with my preteen daughter.   She’s blown away by how good the storytelling and gameplay was back then.    That’s the thing about the 16-bit era - gameplay and story / character development were the only ways you could really separate yourself.   The games now are prettier but it’s much harder to find great story telling or original gameplay like that.

Which is why games of modern era like RE2 & RE4 and MGS2, Last of Us and BotW just amaze me still.   Amazing to look at but gameplay that’s old school (accepting the corny aspects to RE lol).  

Why I’d hands down go for Last of Us first in that earlier to-do list.