Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

It's probably the best RE game overall tbh.

Like the evolution of 7 to RE:2 Remake is just perfection. 

I still prefer 7 but it's definitely a great RE game. 

Wonder if Capcom decides to remake RE4 because that games still holds up.

I don't remember RE:2, the original one.  Maybe I've never played it.  The only one I can remember playing is RE:5.  Should I play them in any particular order or does that even matter?

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't remember RE:2, the original one.  Maybe I've never played it.  The only one I can remember playing is RE:5.  Should I play them in any particular order or does that even matter?

It's like final fantasy and that they're all sort of standalone.

There's connective tissue and some re-occurring characters/relatives but for the most part you can just jump right in. 

I'd say start with RE:7 because that one is cheaper right now but they're both about the same levels of quality, which platform do you plan on playing? 

17 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

It's like final fantasy and that they're all sort of standalone.

There's connective tissue and some re-occurring characters/relatives but for the most part you can just jump right in. 

I'd say start with RE:7 because that one is cheaper right now but they're both about the same levels of quality, which platform do you plan on playing? 

Not sure when I'm even going to start.  I was planning on picking the games up when they went on sale.  Probably missed out on Black Friday, but I'll have more chances.

I've been kind of holding off on buying games right now because I want to get a PS5 at launch (at least I'm leaning PS5 as of right now, might change).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Been looking to get into a co-op game with the girlfriend, any decent recommendations? 

We already did stardew and want to get into something before animal crossing comes out. 

Try Ark. There's nothing like trying to build your first thatch house with your partner while gathering supplies. Taming cute little dinosaurs or maybe a triceratops or parasaur at the beginning and finally settling down for the night on a job well done with all y'alls hard work and success.

.....only to get back on the next day to find out that an Alpha Raptor wandered too close to your camp. Your creatures are set to defense so they start attacking the raptor but in vain. Your partner already dead and mutilated while the raptor is killing the rest of your pets. In desperation you pick a spear to go over and help thinking this is just like any other raptor until it turns around then hits you twice as fast and hard as the others you fought the day before. The raptor kills you, your partner is aleady half way back but you are still 10 minutes away from your little slice of heaven. 

You two finally make it back but stand a ways back so you dont attract the attention of that glowing demon who just wrecked 6 hours worth of work in about 5 minutes. The raptor stays camped to y'alls corpses, you have to wait about an hour before it finally wanders off being attracted by other dinosaurs it goes to kill.

You find out all your animals are dead, the house is wrecked, most of the supplies you had was destroyed in the chaos of the animals fighting around it. Time to rebuild. 

Fun game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Been looking to get into a co-op game with the girlfriend, any decent recommendations? 

We already did stardew and want to get into something before animal crossing comes out. 

A little casual but def a fun lil game to play with the SO is Overcooked. Def will test your communication lol

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 12:00 PM, Cheesehawk said:

A little casual but def a fun lil game to play with the SO is Overcooked. Def will test your communication lol

.......Tempting but she's a terrible cook so might not be worth the risk.

Will look into it though if only for the sheer hilarity it might bring. 

On 1/15/2020 at 11:15 AM, Calvert28 said:

Try Ark. There's nothing like trying to build your first thatch house with your partner while gathering supplies. Taming cute little dinosaurs or maybe a triceratops or parasaur at the beginning and finally settling down for the night on a job well done with all y'alls hard work and success.

.....only to get back on the next day to find out that an Alpha Raptor wandered too close to your camp. Your creatures are set to defense so they start attacking the raptor but in vain. Your partner already dead and mutilated while the raptor is killing the rest of your pets. In desperation you pick a spear to go over and help thinking this is just like any other raptor until it turns around then hits you twice as fast and hard as the others you fought the day before. The raptor kills you, your partner is aleady half way back but you are still 10 minutes away from your little slice of heaven. 

You two finally make it back but stand a ways back so you dont attract the attention of that glowing demon who just wrecked 6 hours worth of work in about 5 minutes. The raptor stays camped to y'alls corpses, you have to wait about an hour before it finally wanders off being attracted by other dinosaurs it goes to kill.

You find out all your animals are dead, the house is wrecked, most of the supplies you had was destroyed in the chaos of the animals fighting around it. Time to rebuild. 

Fun game.

I haven't played Ark in ages, didn't think about doing it as co-op but that might be worth it, she loves dinosaurs. 

31 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Unraveled 2. Might still be on sale for 5 dollars for switch.

If I don't end up co-oping this one I'm 100% playing this myself. EA game aside looks fantastic. 

Thanks you all for your suggestions. 

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

When Cha-La Head-Cha-La kicks in when you open the new DBZ game

giphy.gif

Let me know how it is. I’ve been in the minority thinking the game trailers look awful. Had terrible flashbacks of Superman N64 of collecting rings in the sky. Worst game ever made according to many magazines. 

If you think it’s good I may give it a buy. 

Started playing No Man's Sky again because of an Internet Historian video. The game has gotten pretty damn good. Basically everything that was originally promised + some. One could say it's too little too late, and I sort of agree... but it's pretty cool that they kept adding content instead of running of with everyone's cash.

BTW I'm currently playing No Man's Sky.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Started playing No Man's Sky again because of an Internet Historian video. The game has gotten pretty damn good. Basically everything that was originally promised + some. One could say it's too little too late, and I sort of agree... but it's pretty cool that they kept adding content instead of running of with everyone's cash.

BTW I'm currently playing No Man's Sky.

Might give it a buy, never have. One of the rare games that was terrible at launch I’ve heard and they keep trying to make it better, just for the integrity. Like you said, they could run with peoples cash. There is no micro transactions and doubt a sequel ever coming.