Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Luigi's Mansion 3. Animal Crossing. Mario + Rabbids. 

Please note that Luigis Mansion 3 is really short for a 60 dollar game imo. Animal Crossing is great but you have to really like that type of slow game. 

I really am liking dragon quest xi and fire emblem was also amazing. One is a JRPG and the other a tactical RPG though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Neighbor had the new Doom game. Said it blows and let me borrow it.

He was not wrong. Its one of the worst games Ive played. Instead of going through levels. Its like each section going through a map is an arena fight before moving to the next. On the first stage of the game and gone through 8 of these arena battles where baddies just materialize out of nowhere. Feels like playing a Gamecube fps with better graphics.

If it's not for you man you would hate Dusk.

Also that's what you get for playing a FPS on a console it never feels quite right unless it's Halo for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Please note that Luigis Mansion 3 is really short for a 60 dollar game imo. Animal Crossing is great but you have to really like that type of slow game. 

I really am liking dragon quest xi and fire emblem was also amazing. One is a JRPG and the other a tactical RPG though.

DQXI is incredible but was trying to go for Switch only titles. I'd definitely recommend that one though. FE is another amazing game that slipped my mind.

37 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

DQXI is incredible but was trying to go for Switch only titles. I'd definitely recommend that one though. FE is another amazing game that slipped my mind.

I honestly forgot DQ was on other platforms. It feels like a perfect switch game.

7 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Does anybody have any good recent Switch game recommendations? I’ve already played the new Pokemon and Links Awakening. I’m thinking about snagging Animal Crossing next 

I just bought Mana Spark. It is 90% off at the moment. It has exceeded my expectations so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I honestly forgot DQ was on other platforms. It feels like a perfect switch game.

It is on other platforms but DQ on switch is easily the best version not counting raw quality/visuals.

But they put a lot more effort into this port than the FF15 port. 

Edited by SwoleXmad

2 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

If it's not for you man you would hate Dusk.

Also that's what you get for playing a FPS on a console it never feels quite right unless it's Halo for some reason. 

I havent played a Doom game since the original in the 90s or whenever it was. From the trailer. I was expecting a high action open world type game like the old Timespliters on steroids which is one of my all time favorites. Not at all what I ended up getting.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I havent played a Doom game since the original in the 90s or whenever it was. From the trailer. I was expecting a high action open world type game like the old Timespliters on steroids which is one of my all time favorites. Not at all what I ended up getting.

I hate to say it's you but it's you.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I don't care about Doom at all... but damn I would buy the hell out fo a new Timesplitters game. Spent a ton of time with Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect back in the day.

Great multiplayer, and the campaigns are great too. They don't make SP shooter campaigns like that anymore. The objective-based missions like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc. The last I can remember was XIII.

• Like 1

Watching the Mafia 2 remaster that doesn’t actually look any better but it makes me feel like I’d be fine with a new 1940s Mafia game, just done by someone else. Mafia 3 was fine but was the most repetitive game ever and it was about a rogue agent taking out the mafia. 

4 hours ago, TheChad said:

I don't care about Doom at all... but damn I would buy the hell out fo a new Timesplitters game. Spent a ton of time with Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect back in the day.

Great multiplayer, and the campaigns are great too. They don't make SP shooter campaigns like that anymore. The objective-based missions like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc. The last I can remember was XIII.

Did you play Bulletstorm? That was a fun single player shooter IMO. 

15 hours ago, TheChad said:

Yeah it's all of the linear stuff now, go from Point A to B to C and you are done.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go too far back and have to get three different color keys in order to proceed, but give me something else to do.  

• Like 1