Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think they'd do San Andreas before GTA 4. And I think that'd be better. 

Youre wrong of course. But all 4 (with Vice) remastered would bring in a mountain of loot for the company. All would fly off shelves hotter than anything else thats come out in months. I dont see why they cant outsource them. Kick back and collect.

Vids for Saints Row 3 look freakin amazing. What could have been done with RDR1 while RDR2 was the hottest thing on the planet cost themselves a mega-million copy sales opportunity.

15 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Youre wrong of course.  

Go on, how so? San Andreas is a better game. A remaster would do it wonders beyond anything GTA IV provided. I'd boldly say most people have SA in their top 2 all time for GTA titles. I bet you couldn't say that about IV (you couldn't for me).

I'm okay with them not remastering old GTAs.  It would be cool, but I'd rather them focus on pushing out newer games.  It takes them long enough as it is, which isn't a bad thing considering the quality of their games.  

Plus, part of the beauty of GTA is that they can do what they want and it makes sense.  Why update/remaster San Andreas or Vice City when you can add anything you want to the next GTA?

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Go on, how so? San Andreas is a better game. A remaster would do it wonders beyond anything GTA IV provided. I'd boldly say most people have SA in their top 2 all time for GTA titles. I bet you couldn't say that about IV (you couldn't for me).

Grand Theft Auto IV was released to critical acclaim. Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating in the 0–100 range, calculated an average score of 98, indicating "universal acclaim". It is the second-highest rated game on the site, only behind The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Following the critical acclaim it received on its release, Grand Theft Auto IV has received various awards from various critics and publications. It received several Game of the Year awards, from gaming media outlets such as Spike TV, Giant Bomb, Kotaku, and GameTrailers, as well as mainstream publications, like The New York Times

Grand Theft Auto IV broke industry sales records and became the fastest-selling entertainment product in history at the time, earning US$310 million in its first day and $500 million in its first week.

I can say its my all time fav. And seems that there is backing enough to say some others can as well. Having addon games like BOGT to throw in the world helps too.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I can say its my all time fav. And seems that there is backing enough to say some others can as well. Having addon games like BOGT to throw in the world helps too.

Of course some people will have IV above San Andreas. I'm trying to tell you it's not the majority. I wouldn't doubt some people rank IV higher. It's why I said "most people" to your "some people". Since you used metacritic, check out the "user rating" section. 7.6/7.9 for IV vs. 9.0 for San Andreas (which was a 95 on Metacritic).

Also...

https://kotaku.com/gta-iv-overtakes-san-andreas-in-lifetime-sales-correct-5840484 

Grand Theft Auto IV, released in 2008, has just now overtaken its predecessor, 2004's Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in total sales, says the top boss over the GTA brand. [Corrected at bottom of story.]

Grand Theft Auto IV moved more than 2 million copies between March and now, according to figures cited by Strauss Zelnick, the publisher of Take-Two Interactive, at a conference today. That brings the GTA IV total to 22 million, surpassing the 21.5 reported for San Andreas.

On the whole, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has shipped 114 million copies since its 1997 debut. By comparison, here are other figures for Take-Two series, as reported by the publisher.

• Midnight Club: 18.5 million
• NBA2K: 17 million
• Red Dead Redemption: 12.5 million
• Civilization: 11 million
• BioShock: 9 million
• Carnival Games: 8 million
• Max Payne: 7.5 million
• Mafia: 5 million
• Borderlands: 4.5 million
• The Darkness: 1 million

Correction: Not so fast, Rockstar tells us that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas remains the champ with 27.5 million copies sold worldwide.

22 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Saints Row 3 Remastered coming out next week! Woo!

Anyway. Need something to play. Looking at whats been released recently. Hows the new Doom? And is the Yakuza Remastered Collection in English?

All these remasters coming out. Why hasnt Rockstar done any of their PS3 games? Id buy RDR1 and GTA4 opening day.

Best Saints Row GIFs | Gfycat

Can't wait.  I prefer the older Saints Row games to GTA in all honesty.  

21 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Saw they’re starting to remake TH games with 1 and 2 coming out in September... CANT WAIT!!!

I'm really curious how much muscle memory will happen when I first get my hands on this. I mastered those damn games probably like everyone else who's excited they're returning. This will be a huge money maker for barely any original content and I'll be happy to oblige lol

20 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Best Saints Row GIFs | Gfycat

Can't wait.  I prefer the older Saints Row games to GTA in all honesty.  

Saw where the teams involved are getting together. But its unknown if theyre bringing back Saints or reviving Red Faction. Which I think Saints is needed in the landscape of gaming. Theres are dozens like Red Faction.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:43 PM, MikeT14 said:

San Andreas is probably still my favorite.   I miss the weapons in that game and the ability to make the chatacter ripped or fat.  

GTA 4 was good, but its 4th on my favorites list too, behind SA, 5 and Vice.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Saw where the teams involved are getting together. But its unknown if theyre bringing back Saints or reviving Red Faction. Which I think Saints is needed in the landscape of gaming. Theres are dozens like Red Faction.

I have to think Saints is the franchise.  Never was a Red Faction fan.  If I had to guess, Saints provided the income for them to do Red Faction.  It does look like Deep Silver just recently acquired the Red Faction rights, and were slowly rebuilding the company workforce after the failure of Agents of Mayhem. 

I wish they hadn't completely jumped the shark after SR3, though. 

2 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

don't wanna drop $1k on the new Xbox that's gonna come out. Is it worth it now to get a One S? I just moved and I'm mad bored for like 3+ hours a day when I'm not working.

Its not going to be $1000.  Likely 400 to 500.

You can get the all digital version of XBOne S for $250.  That aint bad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its not going to be $1000.  Likely 400 to 500.

You can get the all digital version of XBOne S for $250.  That aint bad.

I guess what I'm asking is am I gonna be remiss for opting to go the cheaper route. I'm not huge into gaming or anything but since my friends have been quarantined they play some shootem' up game and I would like to get Madden/2K/The Show.