Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

42 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Lol how is it forcing a world view? There shouldn't even be a "view". It just is. This was setup is a great DLC by the Last of Us and is certainly not just a thrown in plot point. 

I dont know anything about the DLC.  Im talking about the leaked plot of TLoU2 and things that happen in it.  If you claim those arent forcing world views and political agendas, you are ignoring reality.  People are free to believe what they want, but I hate how entertainment is constantly doing this, and it never ends well.

Anyway, I dont want to derail this thread over a game I have no interest in.  All I was saying was I think the leaked plot was laughably bad.

People don't like some topics when playing games. This isn't me voicing any opinion at all or taking any sides. I'm just saying some people don't mind it, some don't like it. Moving on......

Here's a list of games on the cheap right now if anyone isn't in the middle of anything:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/28/save-big-with-games-under-20-at-playstation-store/

I've been thinking about Far Cry for a long time. That's an excellent price! Heard those games are a lot of fun

13 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

People don't like some topics when playing games. This isn't me voicing any opinion at all or taking any sides. I'm just saying some people don't mind it, some don't like it. Moving on......

Here's a list of games on the cheap right now if anyone isn't in the middle of anything:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/28/save-big-with-games-under-20-at-playstation-store/

I've been thinking about Far Cry for a long time. That's an excellent price! Heard those games are a lot of fun

I just actually finished FarCry 5 this weekend. It's definitely worth the $15 and you'll get about 40-50 hours of entertainment out of it - but be aware, the ending is terrible. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I just actually finished FarCry 5 this weekend. It's definitely worth the $15 and you'll get about 40-50 hours of entertainment out of it - but be aware, the ending is terrible. 

That's a good amount of time for me! I like games in that range unless they're open world w/ a boatload if side quests. Shame about the ending but maybe I'll be the judge of that lol. I inadvertently found out Cuphead isn't on PS4 as a result of this list and now I'm sad. That game just looks insanely fun!

16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

None of them are SJW related?  Really?   Either we are talking about different things, or youre delusional.

And no, its not just the climax, its the entire plot and the obvious sanctimonious preachy garbage that alot of the entertainment industry likes to push and fails miserably when they do.

Newsflash....normal people dont feel like having agendas and world views forced on them when they are trying to be entertained.  Its one thing when they are subtle, but nowadays it takes precedence over the stories, and we see it in games, movies, comics, etc...and always fails.

If people play it and like it, power to em.  I wouldnt buy the game regardless.  But the negative reactions Im seeing are by normal fans who want a good story that adds more to the first game....not a clear attempt at pushing ones views.

https://local.theonion.com/man-prefers-comic-books-that-don-t-insert-politics-into-1822632404

Kinda ironic for you to say this, when you popped into this thread, to bring up a topic nobody was talking about, about a series you have no interest in, to bemoan about "agendas ruining muh entertainment".

• Like 3

18 hours ago, animaltested said:

Im guessing the aspect you are referring too is an aspect already unveiled in one of the previous DLC's. I read the leaks, and nothing about them are anything "SJW" related. Most people aren't upset about that (other than purity chuds), its what happens in the plot climax. People either hate the plot climax, or knowing what happens ruins their enjoyment of the story experience. 

Yeah I'm kind of confused lol I didn't even know it was an issue for some until I read this thread.  The leaks that I read didn't even really allude to it, considering it was common knowledge years ago.  

I haven't watched the gameplay footage. I think I'll end up picking up the game down the road and hopefully with context it plays out better than it reads.

15 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Who is forcing anything? 

If you don't see why referring to cis hetero people as "normal" is a problem, it really isn't worth discussing. Same as saying white people are "normal".

How about you figure out what someone actually means before making a moronic assumption like this?   

My "normal fans" comment was in regards to what the other guy said, insinuating that it was only a fringe group of bigots that have a problem with the leaks, and I was saying that most fans playing games dont want agendas forced on them.

And if you think this is about a character being gay, you are dead wrong.  I dont give a crap about that. 

Im not going to keep arguing about this.

This guy sums up my thoughts on the leaks perfectly.

What is the agenda they are forcing then, if it isn't about that?

The leaks have had nothing to do with an agenda or world-view, which is why I'm really confused.  It is all about what happens in the middle of the story.  Where is the agenda?  Have you actually read the leaks yourself?

At the end of the day, regardless, everyone has a choice to play whatever they want.  If someone doesn't want an "agenda" forced on them, then don't play the game.  I don't see the point in complaining about a game that you aren't going to play.  

Edited by iknowcool

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

How about you figure out what someone actually means before making a moronic assumption like this?   

My "normal fans" comment was in regards to what the other guy said, insinuating that it was only a fringe group of bigots that have a problem with the leaks, and I was saying that most fans playing games dont want agendas forced on them.

And if you think this is about a character being gay, you are dead wrong.  I dont give a crap about that. 

Im not going to keep arguing about this.

This guy sums up my thoughts on the leaks perfectly.

And no, its not just the climax, its the entire plot and the obvious sanctimonious preachy garbage that alot of the entertainment industry likes to push and fails miserably when they do.

normal people dont feel like having agendas and world views forced on them when they are trying to be entertained.  Its one thing when they are subtle, but nowadays it takes precedence over the stories, and we see it in games, movies, comics, etc...and always fails.

All I'll say is I dont know why companies do this.  Doesnt work in comics, doesnt work in movies and it sure as hell doesnt work in videogames.

If you claim those arent forcing world views and political agendas, you are ignoring reality. 

His critiques are completely related to plot climax.

If this sums up your thought, why are you talking about agendas?

35 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

What is the agenda they are forcing then, if it isn't about that?

The leaks have had nothing to do with an agenda or world-view, which is why I'm really confused.  It is all about what happens in the middle of the story.  Where is the agenda?  Have you actually read the leaks yourself?

At the end of the day, regardless, everyone has a choice to play whatever they want.  If someone doesn't want an "agenda" forced on them, then don't play the game.  I don't see the point in complaining about a game that you aren't going to play.  

Again, Im not going to keep discussing something that we really arent supposed to be.  If you want me to elaborate, PM me.

Im not going to play it, and I was laughing about the leaks, not complaining.  My "complaint" is about how games, and entertainment in general, is heading in this direction, where political and world view statements are more important than telling a good story. 

This is a prime example.

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

Anyone got any thoughts on Devil May Cry 5 or Monster Hunter: World? They're both on sale on Steam for the weekend. Heard good things, but I've never played any game in either series.

I can't speak for DMC5 but I'd say it's very much a if you don't like action games or haven't played any of the DMC games it's probably not for you but if it's cheap enough there's always the 2 hour refund.

MHW is a great game if you like grinding and MMOs with friends. I played about 40 hours with friends but it's not my kinda game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

I can't speak for DMC5 but I'd say it's very much a if you don't like action games or haven't played any of the DMC games it's probably not for you but if it's cheap enough there's always the 2 hour refund.

MHW is a great game if you like grinding and MMOs with friends. I played about 40 hours with friends but it's not my kinda game. 

I enjoyed Metal Gear Rising back in the day... but I'm not sure if I've played any other of those types of games.

You bring up a good point though. I always forget about Steam's 2 hour refund rule. Worth a shot for sure then, given the high praise I've seen it get.

Thanks for the thoughts

• Like 1