Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 3/30/2020 at 7:14 PM, Dome said:

Our roommate bought a switch so she could buy animal crossing 

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Switches are impossible to find anywhere right now which is probably good because I feel like impulse buying one. 

i should mention, my roommate bought a switch at the 4th store she visited looking for one.

wildly irresponsible in these unprecedented times, but the way she figured it is if she just bit the bullet and found the switch at any cost she can make up for it with super-vigilant quarantine measures moving forward... but she had to get the switch first.

good luck with your search.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Switches are impossible to find anywhere right now which is probably good because I feel like impulse buying one. 

Do it. You won't regret it. Unless you hate Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario, indie games, Mario Kart, gaming on the go or TV, or America.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dome said:

i should mention, my roommate bought a switch at the 4th store she visited looking for one.

wildly irresponsible in these unprecedented times, but the way she figured it is if she just bit the bullet and found the switch at any cost she can make up for it with super-vigilant quarantine measures moving forward... but she had to get the switch first.

good luck with your search.

I check Target, Walmart, and Best Buy websites daily to see if any of the local stores got any in stock but I think it's pretty unlikely they get them anytime soon. Target says they'll have the Lite ones next weekend but I think I want the TV dock. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I check Target, Walmart, and Best Buy websites daily to see if any of the local stores got any in stock but I think it's pretty unlikely they get them anytime soon. Target says they'll have the Lite ones next weekend but I think I want the TV dock. 

I’d definitely recommend the standard switch 

• Like 1

Do any of you game on an LG OLED? If yes, do you have any burn-in?

I'm considering blowing my tax return on one. I'm gonna wait for the Vizio OLED to drop later this year to see how it compares, and then ultimately pick between the two, unless you guys have had burn-in issues with OLEDs. I'm currently rocking a Panasonic 1080P plasma, which doubles as a heater. 

Edited by Jeezla

20 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Do any of you game on an LG OLED? If yes, do you have any burn-in?

I'm considering blowing my tax return on one. I'm gonna wait for the Vizio OLED to drop later this year to see how it compares, and then ultimately pick between the two, unless you guys have had burn-in issues with OLEDs. I'm currently rocking a Panasonic 1080P plasma, which doubles as a heater. 

I do, but have only had it for about 6 months. 

Unless you are literally playing for days at a time, for years, I don't think it is an issue. 

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I do, but have only had it for about 6 months. 

Unless you are literally playing for days at a time, for years, I don't think it is an issue. 

TY for the input

How do you like it so far?

Edited by Jeezla

So, someone convince me to beat Tales of Symphonia. I personally loved Tales of Berseria and Zesteria, so I thought I'd try to beat the most popular game in the franchise, but I just can't... I've started the game multiple times and finally got my furthest (just beat the second seal). It's fine, but it just feels like a simple version of the newer games. Also, I don't really find the story all that interesting. If anyone is a fan, am I missing something? I just can't stand running only in a straight line and I don't think the combat has really evolved enough to keep me interested.

Just finished the Curse of the Pharoahs DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins, and that may be one of the best DLC's I've played with the afterlife components.  I put in just under 80 hours total.  

I also played some rounds of Capital Supremacy in Battlefront II for the first time since Rise of Skywalker came out.  They did a great job on the maps for First Order vs Resistance.