Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Need some help with a racing game. Want to pick one out to play--but I find racing games the most fun when the cars are customizable. Something like NFS Underground. Im not too fond of simulators like GT.

Is there a racing game out there that is really good, fun and more arcade-y ? Never played Forza before and any of the new NFS games because the whole 'get chased by cops nonstop' thing was annoying.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Need some help with a racing game. Want to pick one out to play--but I find racing games the most fun when the cars are customizable. Something like NFS Underground. Im not too fond of simulators like GT.

Is there a racing game out there that is really good, fun and more arcade-y ? Never played Forza before and any of the new NFS games because the whole 'get chased by cops nonstop' thing was annoying.

Forza Horizons

Offshoot franchise from Motorsport.

You just drive over whatever countryside you’re in. Different locales/terrain, vehicle types. Can free drive or pick up races/challenges.

5 was is in Mexico, visually looks great.

53 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Forza Horizons

Offshoot franchise from Motorsport.

You just drive over whatever countryside you’re in. Different locales/terrain, vehicle types. Can free drive or pick up races/challenges.

5 was is in Mexico, visually looks great.

Its very strange because I downloaded Forza 5 with gamepass and for some reason its not detecting my controller even when directly plugged into my PC. Not sure what to do.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its very strange because I downloaded Forza 5 with gamepass and for some reason its not detecting my controller even when directly plugged into my PC. Not sure what to do.

Weird, does it work for other games?

Does it need a driver update?

if it’s new enough could just Bluetooth it too

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Weird, does it work for other games?

Does it need a driver update?

if it’s new enough could just Bluetooth it too

It's strange I'm using the Xbox app (because that's where game pass games I downloaded are) and my PS4 controller works sometimes and other times it doesnt 

Playing Shredders it has worked 100% of the time. Playing Mortal Kombat 11 it worked 50% of the time and trying to play Forza it hasnt worked a single time.

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, Kiltman said:

We’ll GTA6 just had a crazy leak.

Two protagonists, confirmed a return to Vice City. 

Apparently the hacker got in through the company’s Slack and just gathered a ton of stuff.

I read about that several weeks ago.    It was just rumors, but it claimed a male and a female protagonist and that it took place in modern day Vice City.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:29 AM, AkronsWitness said:

I know this post was from April but if you’re still looking at a good racing game, check out Onrush.  NFSMW (PS3) was my fave racing game until I played Onrush.  It’s got more of an arcade feel too.  Really creative, terrain-based courses (an abandoned ski resort, around a lake inside a volcano, etc), for competitive racing mixed with doing tricks (barrel rolls for cars, flips, etc for motorcycles).  

There are 4 race modes:

Overdriven - accumulating points, great for doing tricks. The team with the most points, most rounds won wins the race  

Countdown- driving thru slalom gates to earn time. The team with the most accumulated time as the clock counts down wins.

Switch- every racer has 3 Switches (same principle as Mario Kart’s 3 balloons per battle) that racers try to take from each other during races. Last team standing wins. 

Lockdown- this is my favorite.  There’s a moving circular zone that racers try to get inside of. The more cars inside the zone when the clock stops, the team wins the zone. First team to hit the win total wins.

There’s a 1p Superstar mode that takes you through courses + events that’s fun for learning the game (and unlocking courses + vehicles).  Custom mode you can choose course, events, set length of races, etc.  Quickplay is for online mode.  Onrush has a strong and dedicated fan base so the online competition is really intense but a lot of fun. 

I cannot recommend this game enough. 

11 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I haven't played a GTA game since the very first one. I think this one will end that streak. Is there any site that still has gameplay up?

I didn't see everything, but I didn't see anything special.  Looked like typical GTA.    Not really a bad thing, but I didn't really see anything that broke new ground.   And graphics weren't finished either, although characters models looked legit.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 43M said:

I didn't see everything, but I didn't see anything special.  Looked like typical GTA.    Not really a bad thing, but I didn't really see anything that broke new ground.   And graphics weren't finished either, although characters models looked legit.

Yeah I didn’t get the attitude around it like “poor Rockstar”. Suppose yeah, two protagonists & Vice City confirmed was something they now lose as an announcement. But that was an easy guess at this point.

It was the most basic GTA stuff ever, like I remember playing it….running around in high school in GTA IV doing the same exact stuff. And also in the PS2/Xbox era.

• Like 2