Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

9 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

What is the best gaming console for games where you move around like swinging a tennis racquet or something?  I know it used to be Wii but that was like 15 years ago…

Nintendo Switch probably.  Playstation has VR, that has some of that, but Switch is the easiest entry point to get what you're looking for.  It has paddles that act like the old Wii controllers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

What is the best gaming console for games where you move around like swinging a tennis racquet or something?  I know it used to be Wii but that was like 15 years ago…

Occulus Quest 2 for a true VR experience. If you already have PS a PS VR is pretty decent and if you have had PS plus comes with a number of great free games. 

Non VR options are limited to the switch however I will caution that motion controls on the switch are not near as advanced as the VR counterparts and I don't think their utilized real well in most games. 

• Like 1

Am I wrong in hoping/assuming Elden Ring's massive success will force needed evolution and addition into Elder Scrolls 6?

I can't shake the feeling that ES6 is going to be a massive bust after a literal decade+ buildup, but the emergence of a game like Elden Ring gives me some hope. Cause anyone with a brain at Bethesda knows if they don't top the recent and defining RPG titles after such a long time- they risk killing the ES brand. 

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Am I wrong in hoping/assuming Elden Ring's massive success will force needed evolution and addition into Elder Scrolls 6?

I can't shake the feeling that ES6 is going to be a massive bust after a literal decade+ buildup, but the emergence of a game like Elden Ring gives me some hope. Cause anyone with a brain at Bethesda knows if they don't top the recent and defining RPG titles after such a long time- they risk killing the ES brand. 

Will ES6 even release in the next 5 years? Bethesda is all-in on Starfield. ESO is going strong. 

Even putting politics aside as we do here, there are a lot of highly rated games in this bundle worth checking out:

https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-with-ukraine-bundle

Metro Exodus, the Spyro trilogy, Sunset Overdrive, Max Payne 3, Fable Anniversary, Quantum Break, Slay The Spire, all the Amnesia games, Superhot, Starbound, and Monaco, to name a handful. All for 40USD+

18 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Will ES6 even release in the next 5 years? Bethesda is all-in on Starfield. ESO is going strong. 

tough to say.

Some talk is Starfield was pretty much done last year, but they pushed it to polish.
If that was the case parts of the company would've been able to move on to ES6.
They also beefed up their team a ton.

The gap took longer because of the new engine and IP (plus COVID I'm sure factored in )

I think 2026 is a fair guess for Elder Scrolls rn. I'm curious being part of Xbox now how that will effect things. 
Have the backing to really just release it when they want, which they already kinda did.

What I'm curious about is Fallout.
Like are we not getting one until 2030? Would they really put all this stuff into a new IP in Starfield and wait 12 years to do anything else with it? Feel like at some point, and they've kinda already done it, but they need another team.

• Like 1