Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Even after the Cyberpunk launch? 

I really liked Cyberpunk, so yeah.  The performance issues weren't acceptable, but they were not much of an issue for me personally on PC.  Plus, there is already a formula of sorts for a successful Witcher game, whereas they were building an entirely different world w/ Cyberpunk.  

Plus TW3 is at worst one of my 5 favorite games of all-time.  So I'd definitely at least impulsively buy it lol 

Interesting to see how they change up the combat in a new one too.  Everything else made up for it but the combat in TW3 was bleh.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:05 PM, DreamKid said:

I can't shake the feeling that ES6 is going to be a massive bust after a literal decade+ buildup

I definitely feel that. I’m still disappointed by what they put out w Fallout 4 and that was like 6-7 years ago lol. I was relatively into Dishonored, didn’t care about/feel like dishonored 2 did anything new, every Bethesda product post Skyrim just hasn’t wowed me really. There are only a few remaining game developers I still believe in at this point and even rockstar probably isn’t one anymore after shoving GTA 5 down our throats for a decade and remastering the ps2 classics in such a *****y way 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I think they’ve already said if they do another Witcher it won’t be with Geralt and I don’t know if I’m interested in that 

I would be interesting if they had a good story and combat like W3

If they arent going Geralt, i would prefer if they did a female witcher

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I think they’ve already said if they do another Witcher it won’t be with Geralt and I don’t know if I’m interested in that 

The other Witchers in the story were often the least interesting/worst designed characters. I don't have a lot of confidence in them creating some awesome new main OC. Cirella wasn't even cool.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Good chance they go for a gender optional and you pick the name sort of thing, like a typical RPG. 

17 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I definitely feel that. I’m still disappointed by what they put out w Fallout 4 and that was like 6-7 years ago lol. I was relatively into Dishonored, didn’t care about/feel like dishonored 2 did anything new, every Bethesda product post Skyrim just hasn’t wowed me really. There are only a few remaining game developers I still believe in at this point and even rockstar probably isn’t one anymore after shoving GTA 5 down our throats for a decade and remastering the ps2 classics in such a *****y way 

At least Rockstar had RD2 though, Bethesda hasn't impressed me with anything since I was in middle school. If Starfield sucks and ES6 isn't a banger that's pretty much it for their reputation imo.

The best Fallout game wasn't even done by them too, I'd rather get a New Vegas 2 from Obsidian then a Fallout 5 from them at this point.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I would be interesting if they had a good story and combat like W3

It could very well be Ciri, with Geralt being in the role Vessimir was.

Obviously just speculation, though.

If the game is a worthy sequel to Witcher 3, Amy Schumer could be the main character and Id still buy it.

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Thought Bethesda/Zenimax publishing did some good work with bringing back super old stuff like Doom and Wolfenstein last gen. Arkane had some underrated success with Dishonored and Prey, supposedly Deathloop too.

But yeah Bethesda proper really was going down a weird path.
I hope now that they have more money / resources and are reworking their entire systems that they'll come back strong.
They keep saying the right stuff but we'll see.

Everything they are saying about their systems and character crafting has me excited they aren't aiming at the lowest common denominators in the RPG space quite as much.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Everything they are saying about their systems and character crafting has me excited they aren't aiming at the lowest common denominators in the RPG space quite as much.

Would be interested in seeing/reading what they've said. Any links to share?

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

100 percent agree

New Vegas is definitely my favorite all time game

I've tried playing NV 3-4 times and can't get past the first town. It just looks so dated and the gunplay is so bad. I would love if they remade it with the FO4 engine