Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

12 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I'm in the midst of my 3rd playthrough of Witcher 3. Trying to level up enough so I can play both the DLC's.

You must not be like me and do anything and everything possible lol. By the time I got to both DLCs, I was able to fly through them. Such a great game! I think I got 140 hours in that.

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You must not be like me and do anything and everything possible lol. By the time I got to both DLCs, I was able to fly through them. Such a great game! I think I got 140 hours in that.

I'm certainly not a completionist but I try and knock out any question marks I can on my way to whatever mission I'm on. I bought the game at launch and my 1st play through was on standard then did a second playthrough on new game+ on hard. Got the DLC's on the cheap a couple months ago and was eager to jump into them. But when I reinstalled and loaded up the game I didn't have any saves in the cloud and my old PS4 has been regifted. So I have to get back to at least level 30 to play the DLC's. Although I did see the option to play them with a random level 30 Geralt. But nah... I'd rather level back up chasing my girl Yen around the continent.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Anyone pick up Guardians of the Galaxy? I've been hearing good things. 

Not yet but have as well, some people really seem to love it.

Heard a couple people say they thought it was the best superhero game since Arkham city.

Bought an Oculus 2 today and currently trying to figure out how the heck to even do anything lol. Bought Half Life Alyx and the Darth Vader game so far. First foray into VR. Needed a break after about 20 mins though. But wow... the Half Life game is something else. What an experience... anyone else have VR?

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Bought an Oculus 2 today and currently trying to figure out how the heck to even do anything lol. Bought Half Life Alyx and the Darth Vader game so far. First foray into VR. Needed a break after about 20 mins though. But wow... the Half Life game is something else. What an experience... anyone else have VR?

Ive been contemplating getting it for awhile, but I dont know if I feel like spending that much money on something I know I wont use that much.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I have a PSVR and it is amazing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 43M said:

Ive been contemplating getting it for awhile, but I dont know if I feel like spending that much money on something I know I wont use that much.

I was in the same mindset. But it has a good amount of uses outside of gaming. Watching VR YouTube videos on it is something else. It's like being in the theater. I spent a good half hour last night just laying in bed watching music videos lol. Netflix and Amazon Prime both have apps on it and it's just a whole other experience. Not to mention the more "risque videos" in VR.... amazing. I got the headset for $299 and the interface cable was $50. The games on Oculus and Steam range from $10 - $60. If you have a gaming PC getting the Oculus and the interface cable really opens up so many more uses for it. I'm a happy customer.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, skywindO2 said:

Anyone pick up Guardians of the Galaxy? I've been hearing good things. 

I got it and really enjoy it, there isn't a ton of fighting per chapter but when u do get to get into action its really fun and chaotic. The characters are funny in a cheesy way and the hunt for the different outfits for each guardians makes exploring way better. 

• Like 1

Picked back up Sekiro after about a year. Apparently I left off at the 

Spoiler

Great Shinobi Owl

boss fight. Past me was not looking out for future me. I did manage to beat him though in a couple hours and was reminded of the incredible amount of satisfaction you get from FromSoft games. I don't have much time to play anymore, but I'll probably pick it back up this weekend for a few hours.

• Like 1