Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 11/2/2021 at 10:02 AM, skywindO2 said:

Anyone pick up Guardians of the Galaxy? I've been hearing good things. 

Holy crap this game was such a surprise.

I had no interest in this game until the reviews started pouring in saying that it was such a surprisingly fun good game that came out of Knowhere (pun intended).

The story was the biggest surprise for me, it made me laugh and almost TEAR UP a few times. I was NOT expecting that with this game 😅

The gameplay is pretty good, only negatives I could find was towards the end the whole "running into the next area with a horde of enemies" felt kind of repetitive. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

BF 2042 is not a good game. 

Trying to give it an honest chance. But yea...not enjoying it so far. It has zero instructional content and being a futuristic game with weapons we're not familiar with it'd be nice to have some guidance. It's like go ahead and spawn...die... learn. 

20 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Just bought BOTW (Black Friday sale)… Hopefully it is as good as people say

So I'm about 5 hours into this (just got to the first village), and I'm really not impressed.

1. The world is completely empty. Compared to every other open world game, it feels lifeless. I'm only a small ways into the game and I'm already completely bored with running through the world.

2. Your weapons break so fast it doesn't feel rewarding to find a cool new weapon, because it'll be gone after 4-5 enemies.

3. You don't level up or progress outside of shrines, so fighting world enemies seems pointless.

4. It doesn't look good or run well. I get the Switch isn't powerful, but given the primitive graphics and lack of particles/details/movement in the world, it should run better than 30 fps. It looks and feels like a PS2 game.

5. Cooking is sooo tedious. Whoever designed that system was drunk.

6. The shrine puzzles are so easy that they feel like a complete waste of time. Do they get more difficult further on?

Maybe I'm just missing something here, but I don't understand how this is considered an all time great game. Take away the Zelda name, and I think you have an entirely forgettable game. The only thing that impresses me or that I really enjoy is the music.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

So I'm about 5 hours into this (just got to the first village), and I'm really not impressed.

1. The world is completely empty. Compared to every other open world game, it feels lifeless. I'm only a small ways into the game and I'm already completely bored with running through the world.

I don't completely disagree, but it depends on tastes.   I like to explore, and there is actually a lot to find and do in the open world.   Its not as densely packed as Witcher 3, but still enough.

2. Your weapons break so fast it doesn't feel rewarding to find a cool new weapon, because it'll be gone after 4-5 enemies.

BY FAR...my biggest issue with the game.

Its almost demoralizing and maybe the single worst aspect of ANY Zelda game Ive ever played...and Ive played all of the console ones.

3. You don't level up or progress outside of shrines, so fighting world enemies seems pointless.

Kinda....at least the weaker enemies that arent part of a camp.

4. It doesn't look good or run well. I get the Switch isn't powerful, but given the primitive graphics and lack of particles/details/movement in the world, it should run better than 30 fps. It looks and feels like a PS2 game.

I like the graphics.   I get they arent special or realistic, but the designs of the environments are great.

I didnt mind it...but it did feel redundant.

6. The shrine puzzles are so easy that they feel like a complete waste of time. Do they get more difficult further on?

Yes.  

Maybe I'm just missing something here, but I don't understand how this is considered an all time great game. Take away the Zelda name, and I think you have an entirely forgettable game. The only thing that impresses me or that I really enjoy is the music.

I dont even consider it top 5 in Zelda games, and I do think its massively overrated (as far as being labeled an all time great), but I still believe its a great game. 

If the weapons system wasn't SOOOOOOOO terrible and the dungeons felt different, I wouldve likely enjoyed it much more.

As it stands, its a really good to great game OVERALL, but just a solid Zelda game.

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I felt the same, know a lot of people said push through but I just couldn’t get into it.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:49 PM, mattyice0401 said:

I couldnt get into BOTW because of the weapon breaking completely turned me off the game

Seems to be a theme among most of the people who didnt enjoy it.

I met many people who didnt mind it or at least not enough to let it affect their enjoyment.      I tried to ignore my hatred of that mechanic, but in the end, it got the better of me.

I still think its a good game, but holy hell was that a terrible decision.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Seems to be a theme among most of the people who didnt enjoy it.

I met many people who didnt mind it or at least not enough to let it affect their enjoyment.      I tried to ignore my hatred of that mechanic, but in the end, it got the better of me.

I still think its a good game, but holy hell was that a terrible decision.

Wonder if its coming in the sequel that theyre making

I may give it another try but for now na

• Like 1