Vikings acquire WR Josh Doctson

vike daddy

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So the answer to finding a Suitable replacement for a bust like Laquon Treadwell is to replace him with another Treadwell?

Interesting?

Doctson is better than Treadwell.  He put up 500 receiving yards with Alex Smith, Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson as our QBs last year.  

• Like 3

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Doctson is better than Treadwell.  He put up 500 receiving yards with Alex Smith, Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson as our QBs last year.  

And over 500+ and 6 TD’s the year before being your guys #3 with Cousins...... he’s now #3 behind Diggs and Thielen. Shouldn’t be going up against the opposing teams best 2 CB’s anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:
9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So the answer to finding a Suitable replacement for a bust like Laquon Treadwell is to replace him with another Treadwell?

Interesting?

Anything short of Justin Blackmon would be an upgrade, to be clear. Maybe year 3 will be his big jump like the Old Days?

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Anything short of Justin Blackmon would be an upgrade, to be clear. Maybe year 3 will be his big jump like the Old Days?

I don't see it.  He's too limited speed-wise, he doesn't get enough separation.  His issue is he has #4 WR on the depth chart talent, but refuses to play special teams.  

Like the move. After releasing Treadwell and Zylstra, MN was left with 4 WRs. Doctson is easily better than Beebe for the third spot. Doctson won't be expected to do much in a 2 TE heavy offense with Diggs and Thielen as the starters. Irv Smith is probably getting more playing time than Doctson if I had to guess. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Yeah and here typically we haven’t seen many #2 or #3 receivers play special teams unless it’s an emergency (Patterson is an exception, drafted to play special teams also)

Treadwell did start to play a little punt gunner last year, but really only started to do so because he wasn’t producing at all on offense and for the most part, we gave up on him.

Treadwell always looked like he was running in mud, which is ironic because he clearly was not 'treading well' 

Doctson hasn't produced but he does have some downfield playmaking ability. I would say its an upgrade for sure. He has the ability but he might not have the right mindset. He has dropped so many balls in the clutch moments though. I swear there was 2 touchdowns I can remember where he let it go right through the breadbasket. That's frustrating. 

I don't want to dig through quotes, snip and trim things, but as a Bears fan who was subjected to watching Redskins games (in many instances instead of Bears), I have no clue where all this hate for Doctson comes from. He's a good player, was in a bad situation. That's all. The Vikings are all the better for signing him. 

• Like 4