NFL Week 1 Picks

Bolts223

I haven't seen a thread for this yet and I figure with the Thursday game 2 days away we may as well start now.

Thursday Night Game: Packers @ Bears

This is going to be a great game to open the season. Although I'm high on the Packers this year and I expect the Bears defense to regress, give me the Bears here.

Prediction: Bears: 27, Packers:24

Rams at Panthers:

Another really good game. I think I have to go with the Panthers to pull of the upset for a few reasons: I really like the matchup of Cam and McCaffrey vs the Rams linebackers. I think that the Panthers offense will have much success. I also think the Rams may suffer a bit of SB hangover, especially early in the season. I think the Panthers will dominate the TOP and the Panthers defense comes up big at home. Also this is an odd year, so the Panthers by rule are going to be a playoff team.

Prediction: Panthers: 24, Rams: 17

Redskins at Eagles:

Divisional games are always hard to predict but this is about as easy as you can get with one.

Prediction: Eagles: 31, Redskins: 16

Bills at Jets:

A great matchup between two up and coming young QB's. I slightly prefer the Bills roster because of the defense, but I prefer Darnold to Allen. Give me the Jets at home here.

Prediction: Jets: 23, Bills: 20

Falcons at Vikings:

A matchup between two teams looking to bounce back. This is another situation where I think both teams are talented and pretty equal to one another, so just give me the team playing at home.

Prediction: Vikings: 27, Falcons: 23

Ravens at Dolphins:

I think it's safe to say the Dolphins are the least talented team in the league. While I actually could see this being an upset because Miami is a brutal place to play in this early in the year and the Dolphins secondary is actually somewhat good, but I can't really pick the Dolphins to beat any team that I view as competent. And while I don't expect the Ravens to be great this year, they most certainly are competent.

Prediction: Ravens: 24, Dolphins: 14

Chiefs at Jaguars:

This is actually a game that is very tempting to pick as an upset for me. I think the Jaguars are due to bounceback this season, and I think they are one of the few secondaries that has enough speed to match up well with this Chiefs offense. I also could see Nick Foles having a big day against a very bad Chiefs secondary. Ultimately though, I need the Jaguars to show me that they are good again for me to pick them to beat the Chiefs, but I do think this will be a close game regardless.

Prediction: Chiefs: 28, Jaguars: 24

Titans at Browns:

I'm not fully on board the Browns hype train just yet and I do like the Titans. I think these teams are about equal, and I'm going to give the edge to the team playing at home.

Prediction: Browns: 24, Titans: 23

Colts at Chargers:

As a Chargers fan the only good news of Andrew Luck retiring was not having to face him in this game. I am confident that we can win, but the O-line scares the crap out of me in any game.

In any case, I think the Chargers win but It will be a lot closer and lower scoring than people expect.

Prediction: Chargers: 20, Colts:17

Bengals at Seahawks:

I think Clowney has a great Seahawks debut against one of the worst lines in the league. I think the Seahawks have a great opening to the season and smoke the Bengals.

Prediction: Seahawks: 34, Bengals: 17

49ers at Bucs:

I've been one of the biggest skeptics of the 49ers this offseason. A lot of people expect them to be great, but everything about them to me is unproven. Having said that, I think they do come out with a win against one of the worst teams in the league on paper.

Prediction: 49ers: 23, Bucs: 17

Giants at Cowboys:

Another divisional matchup. As I said before with the Eagles/Redskins one - Divisional games are always hard to predict, but this is about as easy as it gets. Cowboys will trounce the Giants. Eli will look terrible against a very good defense.

Prediction: Cowboys: 29, Giants: 10

Lions at Cardinals:

This is a very interesting game to me. I really am excited to see what we get out of Kingsbury/Murray offense week 1. That having been said, give me the Lions. I think Stafford has a good day and Patricia puts together a good defensive gameplan to shake the rookie QB.

Prediction: Lions: 27, Cardinals: 20

Steelers at Patriots:

The Steelers did prove last year that they can beat the Patriots. Not only did they do that, but they nearly blanked the Patriots offense for an entire 60 minutes. That being said: I don't think they do it again. I expect Brady/McDaniels to not let that happen again this year and for Belichick to outcoach Tomlin as he usually does.

Prediction: Patriots: 31, Steelers: 23

Monday Night Football Game 1: Texans at Saints

The Texans clearly are going all in on this year and next, because they pretty much blew their draft capital for awhile.

I do think these are both good teams, but give me the Saints at home here.

Prediction: Saints: 35, Texans: 28

Monday Night Football Game 2: Broncos at Raiders

These are both teams that intrigue me. I think the Broncos defense with Fangio as the architect will be very good. Carr usually is pretty bad under pressure, and I think Miller and Chubb make his life hell. Give me the Broncos here.

Prediction: Broncos: 20, Raiders: 13

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I haven't seen a thread for this yet and I figure with the Thursday game 2 days away we may as well start now.

Titans at Browns:

I'm not fully on board the Browns hype train just yet and I do like the Titans. I think these teams are about equal, and I'm going to give the edge to the team playing at home.

Prediction: Browns: 24, Titans: 23

Pardon?

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Pardon?

I'm not really buying into the entire Browns hype train just yet.

I think the Titans have a better O-line and defense than the Browns. 

I still picked the Browns because they are at home.

I expect both teams to finish around 9-7.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I'm not really buying into the entire Browns hype train just yet.

I think the Titans have a better O-line and defense than the Browns. 

I still picked the Browns because they are at home.

I expect both teams to finish around 9-7.

Yeah how dare you question the powerhouse that is the Cleveland Browns

• Like 1

Packers @ Bears

It normally takes about 8 weeks for a new offense to get rolling, and I'm not sold on Matt Lafleur. The Bears take this one, although Rodgers makes it a game.

Rams @ Panthers

Panthers are my darkhorse team this year and the Rams are going to suffer from the Super Bowl loser's curse. I'm taking the Panthers.

Redskins @ Eagles

Eagles at home against Case Keenum. Eagles.

Bills @ Jets

Bills in an ugly one.

Falcons @ Vikings

Vikings offense won't be able to outduel the Falcons, even though Minny's defense is very good.

Ravens Dolphins

Ravens handily, unless Fitzmagic is activated.

Chiefs @ Jaguars

Chiefs handily, unless BDN energy is activated.

Titans @ Browns

Lewan is the difference maker in this game, and he is out. Browns defense is too much for Mariota.

Colts @ Chargers

Colts in an upset. I'm not high on the Chargers, especially with Okung and Gordon out. I think this is the year Rivers shows his age.

Bengals @ Seahawks

Seattle handily. They will feast on the Bengals OL and while the Bengals underrated defensive front will do the same to the Seahawks OL, Russell Wilson is good enough to win the game regardless.

49ers @ Bucs

49ers still aren't good. The Bucs meanwhile finally have a head coach that can maximize the talent on the team. Close one, but Bucs pull it out.

Giants @ Cowboys

Giants 84 Cowboys 0. Eli throws 4 touchdowns then Jones gets his first snaps and throws another 4. Dak and co get their powers stripped by a gang of puny aliens. How embarrassing.

Lions @ Cardinals

Matt Patricia's seat gets even hotter as Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury stick it to the Lions defense.

Steelers @ Patriots

Tom Brady finds a way to win against the Steelers, like he always does.

Texans @ Saints

Home team advantage wins here- Saints take it.

Broncos @ Raiders

Broncos running game and stifling Fangio defense is going to rule this one.

THURSDAY
Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

SUNDAY
Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets
Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles
Los Angeles Rams @ Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings
Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins
Tennessee Titans @ Cleveland Browns
Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots

MONDAY
Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints
Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders

On 9/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Pardon?

I’m with this guy, the Titans were in the playoff hunt right up until the end and the Browns have made the playoffs once since Belichik was their coach. I’m not buying any of their hype until they actually show they can be a stable franchise. 

THURSDAY
Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

SUNDAY
Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets
Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles
Los Angeles Rams @ Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings
Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins
Tennessee Titans @ Cleveland Browns
Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots

MONDAY
Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints

Edited by Boltstrikes

THURSDAY
Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

SUNDAY
Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets
Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles
Los Angeles Rams @ Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings
Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins
Tennessee Titans Cleveland Browns
Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots

MONDAY
Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints

4 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

I’m with this guy, the Titans were in the playoff hunt right up until the end and the Browns have made the playoffs once since Belichik was their coach. I’m not buying any of their hype until they actually show they can be a stable franchise. 

THURSDAY
Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

SUNDAY
Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets
Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles
Los Angeles Rams @ Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings
Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins
Tennessee Titans @ Cleveland Browns
Indianapolis Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals
Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots

MONDAY
Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints

Predicting the Rams and Panthers to tie? I like it. Ballsy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I hope none of you guys are betting men. I'd be very iffy picking the Saints even at home in the season opener. We have a history of pooping the bed in our season openers :D

I mean last year you guys were just a victim of Fitzmagic, no shame in that.