DAL signs RB Ezekiel Elliott to 6-year 90M extension 50M guaranteed

Ty21

Do we have the actual numbers on the deal yet?  Most guarantees for injury/skill only extend through three years, so the remaining years are a series of options, and you can only prorate the signing bonus over 5 years.

I don't agree with paying an RB anything way out of that "what good kickers get paid" range, but I'm curious about the details.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Do we have the actual numbers on the deal yet?  Most guarantees for injury/skill only extend through three years, so the remaining years are a series of options, and you can only prorate the signing bonus over 5 years.

I don't agree with paying an RB anything way out of that "what good kickers get paid" range, but I'm curious about the details.

Details starting to trickle in. $7.5m signing bonus seems way to small. 

For reference, Gurley got $21m

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/todd-gurley-16734/

Edited by Matts4313

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

smh. 

Why dont you wait for the contract details first?

I thought the details already came out?  Highest guaranteed payment for a RB in NFL history.  Isn't that the most important thing?  I think Gurley got $42 million guaranteed and now Zeke has $50 million guaranteed.  Isn't that the market that they said they didn't want to set or am I missing something here?

Just now, showtime said:

I thought the details already came out?  Highest guaranteed payment for a RB in NFL history.  Isn't that the most important thing?  I think Gurley got $42 million guaranteed and now Zeke has $50 million guaranteed.  Isn't that the market that they said they didn't want to set or am I missing something here?

Yes. You dont know the structure of the GTD money and any related clauses. Here is what we know:

1. He had ~$15m already in GTD money left from his rookie deal.

2. He got a $7.5m signing bonus

3. His GTD money is not protected if he gets in trouble with the league.

Thats literally all we know. A lot of times the preliminary reports are rought (sp?) with wrong information. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Yes. You dont know the structure of the GTD money and any related clauses. Here is what we know:

1. He had ~$15m already in GTD money left from his rookie deal.

2. He got a $7.5m signing bonus

3. His GTD money is not protected if he gets in trouble with the league.

Thats literally all we know. A lot of times the preliminary reports are rought (sp?) with wrong information. 

Well, yea... he wouldn't get the money if he gets suspended or gets in legal trouble off the field, which is certainly a possibility with him.  I was just saying in the NFL, guarantees are really highlighted in most contracts, whereas in sports like basketball that type of thing doesn't even exist.  My thing is, if they had the money and ended paying him this anyway, why not do it three months ago?

Just now, showtime said:

Well, yea... he wouldn't get the money if he gets suspended or gets in legal trouble off the field, which is certainly a possibility with him.  I was just saying in the NFL, guarantees are really highlighted in most contracts, whereas in sports like basketball that type of thing doesn't even exist.  My thing is, if they had the money and ended paying him this anyway, why not do it three months ago?

Because not all guarantees are actually guaranteed. Which was my point. Are they rolling guarantees? Roster bonuses? Injury guarantees? GTD only if he shows up to camp? 

They all arent built the same. And assuming that $90m/$50m actually means that is wrong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Dak, Trubisky, Dalton, Alex Smith, all in the same boat for me.

You can win a SB with one of those guys but chances are slim.

besides TB and Russell Wilson which other QBs have gone to a superbowl more than twice in recent years? More complete teams are more important to winning a superbowl

zombie peyton manning doesnt count btw

Edited by canadaluvsdallas