FA 2020

drfrey13

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Harris is coming off of the worst year of his career and will be 31 at the start of the season. I'm just not a fan of paying him big money, especially if he's limited exclusively to being a slot CB.

I can respect that, it is a risk with an older corner and some would take that, others wouldn’t. Harris was a really solid technical guy Who never really relied on blazing speed so for the right money I’d take that risk, but limit it as said above so we can get out after a year if things go belly up.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Harris is coming off of the worst year of his career and will be 31 at the start of the season. I'm just not a fan of paying him big money, especially if he's limited exclusively to being a slot CB.

Slot CB is a starter in today’s NFL.

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Joyner played the slot for the Rams until they switched him to S when Wade Phillips got there.

Yes, and from what I’ve read(never really followed the Rams) his more natural position is FS and he struggled in the Slot when he did play there. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

A lot of Teddy B to the Bears going around Twitter

That would be an interesting scenario, can see Bridgewater doing quite well there. They’ll need to invest in TE and OL but Trubisky has really held them back I feel.

I'd personally prefer Byron Jones, Cory Littleton, and Damarious Randall. 

Jones gives us an elite #1 CB on the outside to pair with Mullen going forward. Plus adding Randall moves Erik Harris back into the third safety spot. Even more though we'd be able to move Joyner and Abram around a lot more if we add those two guys plus IIRC the staff liked what they saw out of Nixon in the slot and I believe Randall has played in the slot too. 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

About 40 minutes from now we will be talking about how we signed B. Jones and/or C. Littleton.  Super excited!  Then I'll go watch youtube highlights for the next 20 minutes.

Dang.  I was hoping we'd have signed Byron Jones, Cory Littleton, and another FA or two by now. :(

Just now, Jerry said:

Dang.  I was hoping we'd have signed Byron Jones, Cory Littleton, and another FA or two by now. :(

Yes, FA is off to a slow start. Teams must’ve gotten the tampering memo. As far as I’ve heard only Hooper has agreed to terms.