FA 2020

drfrey13

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seriously. We've been "in" on every DB and signed 2 that aren't world-beaters. Hopefully, we can get at least 2 more DB's in the room before the draft.

If only they’d announce the contract details we’d have some idea of how much cash we have left.  I honestly think we’re out of cash,,, like we might only have a few million.  Idk what we can get for that little.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Geezy said:

when Al was splurging, handing out huge contracts, mad. When Mayock sticks to his guns, mad. Im glad were taking this approach, sign guys that want to play football here, not just cash in. 

LOVE how we handle FA. Make offers if we agree all good, if not...

Edited by G
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Vic mentioned how the Raiders were in on Andrew Billings before he signed with the Browns. So probably a spot where they would want to add in the draft. 

That seems like an awkward fit with Hall and Hankins on the roster.

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

That seems like an awkward fit with Hall and Hankins on the roster.

Hall is on a short leash. He's lazy, has come into camp out of shape according to reports. Rod won't have that on his Dline. Adding another NT type to push him is likely.

• Like 1

I was told by multiple people here that Hall was a LOCK to make the team a month or two ago and I laughed cause that's the farthest thing from the truth. Hall is just not that good. If they add a DT in the draft he's as good as gone. Rod Marinelli could be the best thing to happen to Hall cause he will demand a level of professionalism out of Hall and improve his play or could be the worst thing to happen to Hall cause Marinelli won't put up with him and just have him get cut.

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hall is on a short leash. He's lazy, has come into camp out of shape according to reports. Rod won't have that on his Dline. Adding another NT type to push him is likely.

I don't buy this. Hall was one of the most consistent members on the defensive line and a very effective nose tackle. Reports are reports, but the film don't lie.

Maybe the team wants to start Collins instead and give up gashing runs up the middle on a consistent basis. Wouldn't be the first time the defensive staff favored a lesser player (see Curtis Riley).

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I was told by multiple people here that Hall was a LOCK to make the team a month or two ago and I laughed cause that's the farthest thing from the truth. Hall is just not that good. If they add a DT in the draft he's as good as gone. Rod Marinelli could be the best thing to happen to Hall cause he will demand a level of professionalism out of Hall and improve his play or could be the worst thing to happen to Hall cause Marinelli won't put up with him and just have him get cut.

I suggest you watch the film if you think Hall is "just not that good." He consistently holds the line against double teams and resets the line of scrimmage when he's singled. I simply won't rely on unsubstantiated reports when the film is clear as day. Gamepass is free until May 1st.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

NGL I disagree with not trading for Slay unless it was a cap consideration. A 3rd is nothing for a corner of that caliber. If he has 3-5 good years left, that's a massive upgrade to the defense across from Mullen.

Unless Mayock is full youth movement, which I understand but selfishly I want a guy like that who can come in day 1 and be an impact starter.

Who is NGL?

I been a subscriber to game pass for years. I watched the coaches film. Like I said he's just not that good. Overrated player that many Raiders fans think he is better then he really is much like Karl Joseph Erik Harris and many more players. Replaceable player

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I been a subscriber to game pass for years. I watched the coaches film. Like I said he's just not that good. Overrated player that many Raiders fans think he is better then he really is much like Karl Joseph Erik Harris and many more players. Replaceable player

just jumping in here to stick up for Karl a little bit... even though he is now gone, I really liked him.
I think we used him incorrectly, and hes heading to Cle now, so i dont expect that to change.

But he was a very good down hill safety. Great blitzer, and very good tackler. 
I agree replacable and 11 mil to much... but def a better player than Harris or PJ.
also agreed probably a little overrated by raider fans, but, just wanted to give him some love. He played hard/ well for us. never lived up to 1st round status though

• Like 2

Advanced issue found

47 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

He's better than replacement level. The film shows he's a quality nose tackle with some pass-rushing upside. He deserves more snaps than Hurst and Collins because of his effectiveness against the run. By my evaluation, the main reason the Raiders were improved against the run in the early season was Hall's improvement as a stout nose tackle. But, feel free to provide your own evaluation.

And, like I said, I don't care about hearsay. When I have the film I rely on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I didn’t laugh at you and I don’t think anyone else did.  Looks like I might of thought more of hall then I should have but I really like him.  And I still think he’ll be good for us next year. Assuming he steps up his effort