FA 2020

drfrey13

Everyone It seems thinks Kizer should be cut today.  I’m not as optimistic as you but I’d love if what you think of him was true!  I think it’s possible he’s a decent backup, especially at that price.  But we still need at least a vet to compete with him.

honestly I don’t think any of the options are bad, at all.  It all depends what you can get for Carr via trade I guess, for me.  If you can get 2 2’s or similar I’d get brady and draft Fromm in round 3 or if he’s gone sign a younger vet.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Everyone It seems thinks Kizer should be cut today.  I’m not as optimistic as you but I’d love if what you think of him was true!  I think it’s possible he’s a decent backup, especially at that price.  But we still need at least a vet to compete with him.

IIRC I read or heard somewhere that we were planning to move on from him. Obviously didn't show enough last season. 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC I read or heard somewhere that we were planning to move on from him. Obviously didn't show enough last season. 

Wasn’t he promoted to #2 over Glennon late in the year?  That doesn’t mean they loved him but ... well idk... just bringing it up 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Wasn’t he promoted to #2 over Glennon late in the year?  That doesn’t mean they loved him but ... well idk... just bringing it up 

Yea but Kizer got demoted again week 16 and 17 if im not mistaken. Who knows what that really means in the end and if it really matters 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Edited by Justwinning

7 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Yea but Kizer got demoted again week 16 and 17 if im not mistaken. Who knows what that really means in the end and if it really matters 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Yeah, I forgot about that maybe it means Glennon was questionable with a stomach bug lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lee is no starter but he’s a decent player.  I’d certainly rather start Lee as the 3rd LB on only 30% of the snaps then pay Vigil 10mil to play the limited amount of snaps he’d get.

Why would Vigil get a limited amount of snaps? He's a 3-down player.

Also, the $10 million number was an upper limit of what he'd get to be conservative. He will likely get much better money than a lot of you seem to think--do you all not remember what Malcolm Brown got from the 49ers? Vigil is a 3-down linebacker with difference-making ability in coverage. And I don't know how you guys can be so confident in Lee; he has barely played.

I guess you're talking about Malcolm Smith. He got a 5Y/26.5M contract from the 9ers. That's far from 10M/Y. I think Vigil goes in the 7M range. I hope it's not from the Raiders since Vigil has issues with tackling and run D. I'd rather take Troy Dye in the 3rd for much cheaper.

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I guess you're talking about Malcolm Smith. He got a 5Y/26.5M contract from the 9ers. That's far from 10M/Y. I think Vigil goes in the 7M range. I hope it's not from the Raiders since Vigil has issues with tackling and run D. I'd rather take Troy Dye in the 3rd for much cheaper.

Give me Queen or Murray in rd 1 and Dye in the 3rd and I'm a happy camper. 

With how deep this LB class is, I'd rather not throw money into the position during FA unless someone game changing came along.

13 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

This! 

I think Carr and Kizer > Carr and Mariota.

Kizer has been criminally written off. He was drafted in 2017. He should have returned to Notre Dame. Meaning 2018 would have first year. He should have sat a year in the pros. Meaning 2019 (last year) should have have and the first time he saw an NFL field. He is a good player. I loved him coming out in 2017.

I also think Brady and Fromm (not at 12 or 19) > Carr and Mariota.

Kizer is on his third team. Couldn't stick in GB over Tim Boyle?! I think we know who he is by now. 

11 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Means Glennon and Kizer both suck and shouldn't be on the team, which sounds like the plan.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Kizer is on his third team. Couldn't stick in GB over Tim Boyle?! I think we know who he is by now. 

Thisnis exactly what I was saying criminally written off... I mean, what we saw was a work in progress... 

He should never have came out in 2017. Everyone said so, including his coach at ND. I don't believe even after returning to school for another year he would have been ready to start in the NFL as a rookie. Meaning last year should have been the first year he should have been competing for a starting job.

He was never a pro ready QB prospect. But he has the tools. He needed to be developed. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Give me Queen or Murray in rd 1 and Dye in the 3rd and I'm a happy camper. 

With how deep this LB class is, I'd rather not throw money into the position during FA unless someone game changing came along.

I hope we land one of Littleton/Schobert and maybe add some more on the cheap for depth/competition.