FA 2020

drfrey13

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Harris is a fine 3rd safety, I could see rolling with Joyner at FS. 

As someone just stated, Mayock and Gruden both don’t like small safetys. Joyner was signed as a Nickel Corner. Gruden also just said last week, Joyner is staying at nickel corner. 

I agree Harris as a rotational safety is as good as it gets. Not a starter though. 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’d keep Erik over Joyner easily 

Erik is a solid player. Although prefer him as a rotational guy. I’d like to cut Joyner entirely. He’s terrible at both Nickel and FS. Rams subforum threw a party when we signed him cause they said he was the worst FS in the league in 2018. He was the 3rd worst Nickel in the league in 2019, but according to PFF so take it with a grain of salt. Joyner was a massive signing fail, the only blemish for Mayock so far. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Erik is a solid player. Although prefer him as a rotational guy. I’d like to cut Joyner entirely. He’s terrible at both Nickel and FS. Rams subforum threw a party when we signed him cause they said he was the worst FS in the league in 2018. He was the 3rd worst Nickel in the league in 2019, but according to PFF so take it with a grain of salt. Joyner was a massive signing fail, the only blemish for Mayock so far. 

Erik pretty much won that first chargers game for us

• Like 3

Here are my FA predictions 

Joe Schobert -LB

Robert Quinn - DE

Demarcus Robinson -WR 

Nick Vigil -LB

Chris Harris -CB

Maliek Collins -DT

Tre Boston -S

I really want to put Jones on that list in place of Harris, but everything you see is him going to a team in the NFC East.

Robinson is a sleeper at WR. He abused the Raiders week 2. I think he has a lot of upside that the Raiders can get cheap. 

I think Schobert signs within the first 20 minutes of the legal tampering period on Monday.

Quinn picked the Cowboys last season because of Rod Marinelli and had his best season in a long time. Hoping that continues after the success Quinn had 

Maliek provides another pass rusher in the middle. Something the Raiders have been searching for a long time in the middle. 

Vigil just seems like a natural fit. Better cover LB then he plays the run, but I think the Raiders take that chance and hope to buy low on a good contract

Tre is such an underrated Safety. He was excellent the year he spent with the Chargers and has continued to play good football the last two years. 11 INT's in the past three years. He won't be expensive him and Abram with Harris gives the Raiders a nice trio at safety. 

Collins, Virgil and Robinson all young that you can give them two-year deals where they can land on the FA market again to cash in big. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He's not.

44 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Assuming we draft a LB in the first and sign a top guy like Littleton/Schobert, then a budget guy for the 3rd LB spot like Kirksey wouldn’t be a bad idea.  
what does have have left though? Only 28. Last year was a torn pec, and that’s not hard to comeback from.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/christian-kirksey/7053

My Dad grew up with his Das in Missouri. I'd like to see us sign him. He couldn't be as bad as we had