1. 1. Game of Thrones?

• Watch the show!
    • Read the books, watch the show!
    • ...nerds.
    • I don't TV.
    • I TV, but I don't GOT
    • Reserved for The Gnat

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

I feel like you need the breaks in-between episodes to really get into it. There is SO MUCH going on in the first few seasons and you need the extra help from someone (like Alt Shift X) to give you insight on each episode. The first season introduces you to like 50 characters and 10 major plot lines. It is very hard to follow.

That said:

It's the greatest show TV has ever made.

Watch it (and yes, you don't need to be into fantasy stuff to enjoy it).

It's always helpful to have a friend or someone close get into the show with you. Also, I loved having Game of Thrones Wikia for all the questions I had throughout.

On 9/6/2017 at 7:39 AM, Crickett said:

I do watch tv.

I do not watch Game of Thrones and I've never read the books.  I've never watched or read the Lord of the Rings either.  I've just never been a fan of the traditional "high fantasy" setting which is weird given what my favorite movie is. 

This was me for the longest time. For years I wasn't interested at all in the show, or the whole fantasy genre at all. Sometime late last year I started to gain some interest in the show, so my wife bought me the first couple seasons on DVD. I came off graveyard shift one Friday morning in March when my wife and kids were out of town and decided to start watching. Watched a couple episodes and was still fairly 'meh' on it, but about 1/2 way through the 3rd episode started to get more into it. After the 4th episode I was hooked, and watched the first 2 seasons that weekend. Bought season 3 and watched it the following Monday. Watched all the rest on my Fire Stick, and just finished season 7 last week. At this point GoT is tied with SoA as my favorite shows ever. 

On 9/6/2017 at 11:31 AM, fretgod99 said:

Wife and I will binge it after the series is over, like we did with Breaking Bad.

If you wait about 4 months and start watching 1 episode per week you should finish right around the time season 8 starts. Your gonna need days between episodes to get over all the pain your gonna feel.

Watched the show all the way up to the second to last episode of last season. Gave up on it.

The show went from characters interacting within a well developed world in realistic ways (or at least believable from their perspectives) to the characters being caricatures of themselves.

The script went from compelling, and engaging to borderline fan fiction, focusing less on natural progression and exploration to building up to one liners, or *cue dramatic music* lines.

I think I enjoyed the cloak-and-dagger, political power-jockeying of the earlier seasons over the action high fantasy DnD stuff as of late. 

Just my two cents though, worth as much too.

On 07/09/2017 at 0:39 AM, Crickett said:

I do watch tv.

I do not watch Game of Thrones and I've never read the books.  I've never watched or read the Lord of the Rings either.  I've just never been a fan of the traditional "high fantasy" setting which is weird given what my favorite movie is. 

The bold applies to me. I enjoy fantasy, but just didn't connect with GOT. 

On September 6, 2017 at 10:31 AM, fretgod99 said:

Wife and I will binge it after the series is over, like we did with Breaking Bad.

Same with me.  I am not a huge fan of watching a television series a week at a time.  I think I will catch up and binge watch this holiday season when I get some decent time off of work.  I also want to re-watch The Wire, but I may have to push that off into next summer.

I don't watch any tv and haven't for more than 7 years. Honestly thought it was named thorns and not thrones up until a short while ago. However some women have mentioned a resemblance between me and unspecific actors on the show who have longer hair or beards.

On September 13, 2017 at 8:42 AM, PurpleLion said:

I don't watch any tv and haven't for more than 7 years. Honestly thought it was named thorns and not thrones up until a short while ago. However some women have mentioned a resemblance between me and unspecific actors on the show who have longer hair or beards.

You must be very handsome.....

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You must be very handsome.....

I don't watch any tv and only a general idea as to what they are always speaking of in terms of some resemblance. Maybe will do a Google to get an idea that's much better.. Honestly often somebody from GOT and unspecific or more frequently it's Shawn Michaels the former WWE wrestler. As for handsome or not, response kind of matters on whether or not you're an adult female. Guessing that maybe I'm not the person to ask. Not any secrets on the internet about being single for some months and only wanting a committed relationship with a truly amazing woman. Definitely have intentions of doing it right and not into a relationship with any woman who wants my affection or who catches my attention. That's really how I've been doing it and have had great conversation with many women. Maybe you are a single adult woman or know of a woman? If you definitely answer yes to either then please pm my inbox anytime for an interesting and private chat with me.

25 minutes ago, PurpleLion said:

I don't watch any tv and only a general idea as to what they are always speaking of in terms of some resemblance. Maybe will do a Google to get an idea that's much better.. Honestly often somebody unspecific from GOT or much more frequently it's Shawn Michaels the former WWE wrestler. As for handsome or not, response kind of matters on whether or not you're an adult female. Guessing that maybe I'm not the person to ask. Not any secrets on the internet about being single for some months and only wanting a committed relationship with a truly amazing woman. Definitely have intentions of doing it right and not into a relationship with any woman who wants my affection or who catches my attention. That's really how I've been doing it and have had great conversation with many women. Maybe you are a single adult woman or you know of someone? If you definitely answer yes to either then please pm my inbox anytime for an interesting and private chat with me.

tenor.gif

Archived