Heroes! Week 1!

ET80

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

A couple Ravens players already mentioned, but I think Mark Ingram also makes a huge impact this year for them and has a career year. He'll finally get to be more of a lead back, and showed what he is capable of on his first carry as a Raven yesterday:

My goodness, who was that DB who got trucked? Eric Rowe? Xavien Howard?

How is Ingram gonna do him like that, that man had a family proudly watching that game up until that moment...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

It's happened before, but it probably won't happen again since we're moving on from Dalton after this season...^_^

I get what you're going for, but that's a different fumble.  Double clutching and having the ball come out while you're trying to hold onto it happens somewhat regularly in the NFL, it just usually happens with the QB's arm going forward and turns into an incompletion.  This one happened when he brought his hand up to throw, and it just popped out at the top.  I have small hands by NFL player comparison, and even i've never done that while throwing a football.

I believe i heard Dalton after the game that the ball was wet from the sudden rain and he didn't get a good grip on it for the quick throw.

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

I believe i heard Dalton after the game that the ball was wet from the sudden rain and he didn't get a good grip on it for the quick throw.

I feel like this has happened multiple times to Dalton but he was always bailed out by the Tuck Rule.  This time the DL happened to catch the pass...

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

I get what you're going for, but that's a different fumble.  Double clutching and having the ball come out while you're trying to hold onto it happens somewhat regularly in the NFL, it just usually happens with the QB's arm going forward and turns into an incompletion.  This one happened when he brought his hand up to throw, and it just popped out at the top.  I have small hands by NFL player comparison, and even i've never done that while throwing a football.

If anyone didn't watch the game, it looked like they were playing in a monsoon during part of the second half.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

128 rushing yards, 2 rushing TDs (most this week so far), 10 catches, 81 yards, 209 total YFS (most this week so far)

Amazing player.  I hope he breaks 1000/1000 this year. 

Remember when everyone said CMac couldn't be a Feature Back despite the college workload/production from Stanford suggesting otherwise? I Do.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I feel like this has happened multiple times to Dalton but he was always bailed out by the Tuck Rule.  This time the DL happened to catch the pass...

He's definitely lost the ball several times on double clutch Tuck Rule type dealios.  The fumble yesterday was not that.  Can't remember him ever just losing it at the top of his backswing.  Can't remember anyone ever doing that.  That's odd stuff.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Remember when everyone said CMac couldn't be a Feature Back despite the college workload/production from Stanford suggesting otherwise? I Do.

I remember this very well. I had him rated as the best RB in the draft, and caught a lot of flak for rating him over Fournette. I remember at least one poster on here tried to tell me he didn't have enough "burst" to succeed in the NFL. I always got a kick out of that one. 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

90% thought he was over drafted.. Tbh no one expected him to develop as a runner for a reason and it had to do with his hmmm.. Everyone thought they drafted a slot WR so high. 

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:
11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

90% thought he was over drafted.. Tbh no one expected him to develop as a runner for a reason and it had to do with his hmmm.. Everyone thought they drafted a slot WR so high. 

The only singular reason people knocked his abilities 🦄 we don't discuss on this boards without warnings to come. So I'll give him Props for proving ALL the doubters wrong and leave it at that.

46 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The only singular reason people knocked his abilities 🦄 we don't discuss on this boards without warnings to come. So I'll give him Props for proving ALL the doubters wrong and leave it at that.

He's a real high motor/scrappy/student of the game/hard working/deceptively fast type of player ;)

• Like 1