Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, Kirk Cousins passed for 425 yds in Lambeau, how many will he throw for this time?

• Less than 100 yds
    • 100-203 yds (Rodgers' total last week)
    • 204-275 yds
    • 276-325 yds
    • 326-400 yds
    • 400+ yds

32 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Is this going to be any more of a test for the tackles than the Falcon's game was? Vic Beasley and Takk McKinley didn't seem to do much. There weren't many opportunities to rush the passer, but they got washed out a lot in the run game. Takk tackled Mattison through a pulling Elflein on one play (the play that Mattison was supposed to cut inside), but aside from that I don't recall any problems blocking their ends.

When you’re only passing 10 times it’s easy to neutralize an edge rusher. I expect a close game and 30+ pass attempts from Cousins. The OL did well in the run game, hopefully they carry the momentum. Cook and Mattison had a nice mix of carries. I don’t think you want to see either getting 15+ just to keep them fresh.

23 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Our defense may not be on the level of Chicago's but I'd argue they aren't that far behind.

Our offense appears way ahead of where Chicago's was after one week of play. 

I could see Rodgers and their offense struggling to move the ball again while our offense should be able to move the ball. Hopefully we don't feel the need to throw the ball 45x like the Bears did.

Zim would lose his **** if we throw 45 times unless we're down big.

Edited by KOTN-93

21 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

We must win this game. Not for playoff stuff, but because I don't want to listen to Packer fans brag about winning until the rematch at US Bank.

This. I'm not ready to buy the Packers D completely yet a 45:11 Pass to Run Ratio isnt going to win many games. Lets see how the Pack handle a balenced offense

11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Actually, they have only 2 in 50 years.  They won the first two in the Super Bowl era, but that was with a team that was really on its last legs from the pre-Super Bowl era.  Do they have 4?  Sure, I'll give them that, but for the last 50 years, they are averaging only one every 25 years.  That's hardly something that should live up to the so-called "Title Town" moniker.  We have underachieved when it comes to Super Bowls, but the Packers have been barely above average, considering every team should win one every 32 years.  We also need to remember that there haven't been a full 32 teams during the whole Super Bowl era, so this brings the Packers even closer to "average" over the last five decades, which is longer than most of the people on this site have been alive - including the majority of Cheeseheads.  As Minnesotans, we could brag about the "championships" we won in the NBA during the Minneapolis Laker era, but again, since that happened before all of us (besides Vike Daddy) were alive, is it really worth bringing up?  Not in my book.

Seems like a slap to the face, Minnesota.  And not by a Packer fan.

Edited by vegas492

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Seems like a slap to the face, Minnesota.  And not by a Packer fan.

Yeah, that is tough. I have mostly let go of it and realized that if I am going to die happy I need to find a way to die happy without the Vikings winning the Super Bowl. I'm working on that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Hey whatever floats your boat. At least I was alive to see two SB victories which is more than a lot of people can say. 

Gotta give you credit for that.  Winning the Super Bowl is the ultimate.  Props to the Packers for that accomplishment.  My Dad has been a fan of the Vikings since day one back in 1961.  He used to dress up in a snowmobile suit to go out and watch games at Met Stadium.  He is now 89 years old and his mind is starting to slow down.  I'm just hoping he can see the Vikings win one while he's still alive.  I thought the one at US Bank Stadium a couple years ago was going to be the one for him, but it was not to be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

No doubt.  We have underachieved when it comes to Super Bowls.  There is no denying that.

Had enough really bad luck, too.  And I'm not talking a missed kick here or there.

I'm thinking of Culpepper's injury.  You were robbed of his prime, which would have been amazing.  God I hated playing against him.  

• Like 1

The Packers have several young, talented players that will be contributing a lot more to their defence this season.  Their defence will likely be significantly better.  We saw some evidence of that in Game 1.  So, The Vikings' defence MUST be dominant this week, AND The Vikings need to run the ball well, again.  I look for them to win by 5 to 10 points in a game that will have some anxious moments for Vikings fans.  But, I'll be surprised if The Packers win.  I think Cook will have another good day, and help seal the win.