Week 2 GDT: Still the Browns vs. New York’s 2nd Team

NateDawg

Bounce Back  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

For the record, schematically, we should have torched the **** out of Tennessee. Air raids will eat a cover 3 alive and we saw that on the opening drive. However, our offensive line wasn’t going to hold up longer than that 1st drive showed. You need good offensive tackles to make our scheme work and we don’t have that.

However, for better or worse, long term we will run heavy 11 personnel.

Running a trailing concept to attack the deep outside zone will work against New York this week.

Edited by candyman93

First of all, my sympathies on week one. There’s going to be growing pains, and I think Tennessee might have a better team than we thought. 

Secondly, what’s more important is what happens this week. 

The best way to get over a loss like that is to drop a good old-fashioned ***-kicking on your next opponent. The Jets are ripe for the picking, and the Browns should clean up on Monday night. 

REMEMBER: THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY. 

• Like 7

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053975/article/odell-beckham-calls-out-gregg-williams-for-dirty-hits

Didnt know where else to post this but I wonder if there's any truth to what OBJ is saying.

"The only thing I'm buying is probably just gotta watch out for the cheap shots and the dirty hits and all of the things that he likes to teach. That's pretty much all we gotta watch out for," Beckham said. "Other than that I expect the same two-high safety on. I don't expect much man-to-man."

"It's preseason. It's like a known rule. Like in preseason, nobody in the NFL is really out to do stuff like that," Beckham told reporters. "I had players on this team telling me that that's what he was telling them to do -- 'take me out of the game' -- and it's preseason. So, you just know who he is. Just that's the man ... calling the plays."

14 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053975/article/odell-beckham-calls-out-gregg-williams-for-dirty-hits

Didnt know where else to post this but I wonder if there's any truth to what OBJ is saying.

If I had to guess, there’s some truth to it. Probably doesn’t coach guys to physically injure another guy, but he probably tells his guys to rough up other players.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Of course there’s truth to it. Does everyone forget Bountygate?

Still doesn’t mean OBJ should be talking about it.

In OBJ’s defense, Gregggg’s “coaching techniques” led to an injury for him.

I’d prefer he stay quiet as well, but he’s both correct and it pertains to him personally, so it’s hard to get too upset by it.

• Like 1