Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

16 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah I wanna build a line so bad and want to draft young linemen so bad and I think it’s most important, however if Jeudy is there I don’t think we can pass up giving our young QB a superstar WR. Jets need a skill position game changer so desperately just as much. Guy would change our offense.

Ideally we can add 2 OLineman in FA and trade and a WR as well and go into the draft open minded at OL and WR. And still take that BPA approach. Its only a few weeks in but our schedule still to come has us pegged in the top 5 as of now. I cant see us not drafting in the top 10. Making Thomas or Jeudy in our range maybe (depending how bad we are).

The WR FA class isn't strong. Cooper being the only big name out there. Everyone else is average or aging (DT and AJ Green).

The OL class is a bit stronger> Actually some young guys that have talent that might just need a change of scenery.

Ideally for me we can sign 2 OLineman, a guy like AJ Green and then draft Jeudy in Round 1 and then go with BA OL in Round 2 and 3.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ideally we can add 2 OLineman in FA and trade and a WR as well and go into the draft open minded at OL and WR. And still take that BPA approach. Its only a few weeks in but our schedule still to come has us pegged in the top 5 as of now. I cant see us not drafting in the top 10. Making Thomas or Jeudy in our range maybe (depending how bad we are).

The WR FA class isn't strong. Cooper being the only big name out there. Everyone else is average or aging (DT and AJ Green).

The OL class is a bit stronger> Actually some young guys that have talent that might just need a change of scenery.

Ideally for me we can sign 2 OLineman, a guy like AJ Green and then draft Jeudy in Round 1 and then go with BA OL in Round 2 and 3.

Would be happy with that plan. We can sign a guard and cut a guard at the same time. We’ve got 3 expensive underperforming interior lineman who we could easily upgrade and realistically save a couple bucks. 

But my god, the more I watch Jeudy the more I want him. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Would be happy with that plan. We can sign a guard and cut a guard at the same time. We’ve got 3 expensive underperforming interior lineman who we could easily upgrade and realistically save a couple bucks. 

But my god, the more I watch Jeudy the more I want him. 

Ya he's a generational WR like Julio. Could only help make Darnold a franchise QB.

He's got a skill set that's incredibly rare. His agility is nothing like I've seen before. His stop and go and ability to stop and change directions so quickly makes my knees hurt. He's not going to wow you with speed or even quickness... but he constantly beats defenders bc of his combination of skill set.

42 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Personally I’d like for us to address OL and CB in FA and attack WR and Edge in the draft

Ideally. Problem is OL get locked up way more frequently and quality ones don’t usually make it to FA. Otherwise our line wouldn’t suck as much haha. I want a WR or two in draft badly though. We don’t have a difference maker on offense outside of bell and he’s suffering for it. The line is an enormous problem though. Douglas is likely going to have his hands full. Release the dead weight making too much money this offense and start over. Can’t get worse.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Ideally. Problem is OL get locked up way more frequently and quality ones don’t usually make it to FA. Otherwise our line wouldn’t suck as much haha. I want a WR or two in draft badly though. We don’t have a difference maker on offense outside of bell and he’s suffering for it. The line is an enormous problem though. Douglas is likely going to have his hands full. Release the dead weight making too much money this offense and start over. Can’t get worse.

Bell at this rate isn’t bound to get injured bc we can’t spread the ball around. Atleast in Pitt they had Brown and JuJu to split touches with him. So far we’ve had to make it the Bell show bc of how little we have besides that

Pass-block win rate for #Jets OLM (league average: 89 pct)

Kelvin Beachum: 94.1

Brandon Shell: 89.6

Brian Winters: 88.1

Ryan Kalil: 85.2

Kelechi Osemele: 84.1

(Powered by @NextGenStats. A “win” is when a lineman sustains his block for 2.5 seconds or longer.)

The two so called upgrades (KO and Kahlil) are the worst ones on the OL.  How fitting lol.  We just can't win can we.  Beachum was #10 for OT's for reference and as Cimini says 89 is average.

If Beachum continues to play well and we think Edoga can beat out Shell then maybe we can skip a LT in round 1 and take a shot on Jeudy.  Then use the mid rounders for OG/C.

32 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

(Powered by @NextGenStats. A “win” is when a lineman sustains his block for 2.5 seconds or longer.)

The two so called upgrades (KO and Kahlil) are the worst ones on the OL.  How fitting lol.  We just can't win can we.  Beachum was #10 for OT's for reference and as Cimini says 89 is average.

If Beachum continues to play well and we think Edoga can beat out Shell then maybe we can skip a LT in round 1 and take a shot on Jeudy.  Then use the mid rounders for OG/C.

Hopefully this is just a bad stretch for the vets.

9 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Issue is they all take turns sucking lol. 

Then factor in they cannot pick up blitzes, Handle stunts and get no push in the run game. 

As “good” as those numbers seem the Film shows a different story

50 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I really really want to see how the line looks with Kalil out and Harrison in. I honestly think he might be the biggest problem 

I think the issue is that he came in later. Probably was not in great shape. Had to learn the offense. And he’s just not young anymore, where he’s agile and athletic. Really he was brought in for his mind. Which I actually thought might work bc Winters finished strong last year and KO I thought was a big upgrade. But all 3 have been poor. Beachum and Shell have looked the best so far and actually have faced the hardest competition. 

R

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I really really want to see how the line looks with Kalil out and Harrison in. I honestly think he might be the biggest problem 

My concern is he might just be done. He gets dominated physically and the communication among the line has been terrible. I mean the guy retired... if he doesn’t pick it up against PHI get him out of there. 

Yeah we paid him but if we made a mistake then so be it.