Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

On 9/27/2019 at 11:22 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

Issue is they all take turns sucking lol. 

Then factor in they cannot pick up blitzes, Handle stunts and get no push in the run game. 

As “good” as those numbers seem the Film shows a different story

Actually those numbers look awful, not sure how you see them as looking good lol.  Kahlil and KO are likely among the worst at their positions and Winters is below average based on those numbers.  Only guy playing well is Beachum (who was man handled by Garrett in one game but still has been solid overall) with Shell being average and easily replaceable.

Right now the only guy worth keeping is Beachum.  We are desperate for an overhaul at 4 of the 5 spots. 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Lamar Jackson at this stage his WAY better then anyone in the class

Pretty sure you killed me for saying I'd take Lamar at 3 when he was coming out.  I repeatedly said I'd take Lamar at #3 if Baker and Sam went 1-2.  I'll pat myself on the back for calling that.

Sam is not the problem and anyone thinking that should stop immediately.  Are we really going to tear down one of the few bright spots this team has after less then one full season of starts under his belt?  

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Pretty sure you killed me for saying I'd take Lamar at 3 when he was coming out.  I repeatedly said I'd take Lamar at #3 if Baker and Sam went 1-2.  I'll pat myself on the back for calling that.

Sam is not the problem and anyone thinking that should stop immediately.  Are we really going to tear down one of the few bright spots this team has after less then one full season of starts under his belt?  

I stand by that Jackson wouldn't have been a good pick at 3. He's in a totally different situation in Baltimore than that of Darnold in NY. So to compare them isn't apples to apples. I was just stating that he's been the most successful so far. Don't confuse that to me saying he's a better QB.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I stand by that Jackson wouldn't have been a good pick at 3. He's in a totally different situation in Baltimore than that of Darnold in NY. So to compare them isn't apples to apples. I was just stating that he's been the most successful so far. Don't confuse that to me saying he's a better QB.

The second part wasn't directed for you.  I'm not saying I'd take him over Sam or Baker I had him at 3 over Rosen and Allen though.

He is flat out electric and is still improving as a passer.  We'd be lucky to have him if we missed on Sam/Baker.  

First off, saying anything about Darnold thos year isnt fair cause he got sick and hasnt played yet really. 

Secondly,  Jackson has played garbage teams then was mediocre vs any quality team. He is athletic but isnt impressive of a passer, week 1 was a fluke vs a garbage team trying to go 0-16

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

First off, saying anything about Darnold thos year isnt fair cause he got sick and hasnt played yet really. 

Secondly,  Jackson has played garbage teams then was mediocre vs any quality team. He is athletic but isnt impressive of a passer, week 1 was a fluke vs a garbage team trying to go 0-16

What about he helped Ravens turn around and make it to playoff last season?

The problem is the Jets have by far the worst situation around Sam. It’s going to be a hard rebuild. Unfortunately we can forget about capitalizing on his rookie deal- that’s out the window IMO. We might be competitive 2 years from now.

If it turns out Adam Gase is a lemon- we are in huge trouble.

27 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The problem is the Jets have by far the worst situation around Sam. It’s going to be a hard rebuild. Unfortunately we can forget about capitalizing on his rookie deal- that’s out the window IMO. We might be competitive 2 years from now.

If it turns out Adam Gase is a lemon- we are in huge trouble.

I forget who wrote it but they recommended the Jets do what the Colts did after wasting Lucks rookie deal and stock piling draft picks to have a bunch of picks and have a young inexpensive team around him. When you have owners who dont know how to select executives and coaches, you end up with a blue chip QB prospect on a team with a ton of holes and no prolonged winning in sight. 

17 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I forget who wrote it but they recommended the Jets do what the Colts did after wasting Lucks rookie deal and stock piling draft picks to have a bunch of picks and have a young inexpensive team around him. When you have owners who dont know how to select executives and coaches, you end up with a blue chip QB prospect on a team with a ton of holes and no prolonged winning in sight. 

I don’t think even Mahomes could succeed here

Praying Joe Douglas is as good as advertised because right now I feel like Gase was a terrible hire. Would love him to change my mind though  

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t think even Mahomes could succeed here

Praying Joe Douglas is as good as advertised because right now I feel like Gase was a terrible hire. Would love him to change my mind though  

Agree on all fronts. I also think our WRs suck too. I would move Robby for a 3rd in a heart beat. Crowder however was a good pickup, Quincy turned out to be a bad contract and I doubt he plays for us again. DT likely will be absolutely useless. Bellamy is useless as WR and Berrios is a fringe NFL player. I feel bad for Bell. He deserves better.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agree on all fronts. I also think our WRs suck too. I would move Robby for a 3rd in a heart beat. Crowder however was a good pickup, Quincy turned out to be a bad contract and I doubt he plays for us again. DT likely will be absolutely useless. Bellamy is useless as WR and Berrios is a fringe NFL player. I feel bad for Bell. He deserves better.

You know Bell has to be regretting signing here deep down. His career stats are going to nosedive. At least he got paid.

Id move anyone on the roster at this point. Hypothetical.. if Adams really does want out, what would his value be? Minkah Fitzpatrick just fetched a high looking 1. Jamal has to be worth more than that based on his play though he doesn’t play a “premium” position. What would it take for you to pull the trigger on an Adams trade assuming he would rather play elsewhere?

I think people need to hold off on the dramatics until we can properly evaluate this roster with competent QB play. Our situation is unlike any other in the league, and everyone is going to look worse with Falk under center. I don't expect us to be a playoff team by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think this roster will look a lot better with Sam back.

• Like 1