Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

19 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

They don’t have the cap space to take on Leo’s $14M. They’d need to clear about $4M. Possible if they decided to extend Leo which I doubt.

Robby plus a draft pick seems more resealable. We’d need to restructure his contract to make space though. 

How high a draft pick are y’all willing to give up for Diggs? I’d be cool with Robby plus a 2nd. Diggs, Crowder, Herndon and Bell is pretty solid. 

True I forgot Leo was making that much.

Robby and a 3rd would be the highest I'd go.

In watching the game last night, the Seahawks are a reminder that you can find very good offensive talent outside of round one and free agency. Tyler Lockett (3rd round, 69th overall), DK Metcalf (2nd round, 64th overall), Will Dissly (4th round, 120 overall) are the type of trio I’d like to see the Jets build; no divas, just efficient producers who each have a specific role in the offense. 

We covered one spot at TE, but I’d like to see us draft a WR in rounds 2/3 this year with a veteran FA, then add another receiver next year or the following high up in the draft. 

14 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

In watching the game last night, the Seahawks are a reminder that you can find very good offensive talent outside of round one and free agency. Tyler Lockett (3rd round, 69th overall), DK Metcalf (2nd round, 64th overall), Will Dissly (4th round, 120 overall) are the type of trio I’d like to see the Jets build; no divas, just efficient producers who each have a specific role in the offense. 

We covered one spot at TE, but I’d like to see us draft a WR in rounds 2/3 this year with a veteran FA, then add another receiver next year or the following high up in the draft. 

I hope Joe Douglas and Adam Gase actually share the same vision.  That is only way to make it work. Plus finding right prospects/players.

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

The difference is that they Russell Wilson and we don't. He runs laps in the pocket and then throws 40 yard dimes. Without RW, we aren't talking about any of those guys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Absolutely you can. But you’re throwing out the biggest “x” factor in it all and that’s Russell Wilson. You put those talents in our situation and you get very little. You can throw mid round talent in with elite QBs and get great production. You put mid round talent in with an unproven qb and you get little production.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely you can. But you’re throwing out the biggest “x” factor in it all and that’s Russell Wilson. You put those talents in our situation and you get very little. You can throw mid round talent in with elite QBs and get great production. You put mid round talent in with an unproven qb and you get little production.

How do you think Wilson would perform behind our OL?

31 minutes ago, xrade said:

How do you think Wilson would perform behind our OL?

He’s had bad OLines he’s played behind and actually still won a decent amount of games. Obviously the better the OL and weapons the better he has done. And that’s true for any QB.

Its just very uneducated to compare teams winning with a potential HOF QBs and saying they don’t need weapons early in the draft to win and compare that to us IMO. I’ve said this for year... doesn’t matter who the GM has been or HC we’ve drafted BPA and defense year after year and it’s clear that that hasn’t worked. So it’s time to change things. It’s a league catered to offense, so start spending quality picks on that side of the ball. To go a step further that will only help make Darnold hopefully a franchise qb. Spending BPA on defense every year down take our QB better. And 90% of guys we can get in FA to help on offense are FAs for a reason. And that’s not bc they’re great. Start spending quality picks on offense already.

If Darnold becomes a great QBs than we can revisit this

• Like 1

Yup, and really, the oline excuse only goes so far. New england has been rotating olineman for years and have been crushed there this year but still have success. Their coaches are able to actually coach up their reserves and they call plays that help. Lots of shorter motion stuff designed to get the ball out quick.

Joe Douglas is said to open for fire sale this month.  However, he meant to get rid of "bad contract" players like Leonard Williams or Trumaine Johnson.  The problem is Le'Veon Bell is only one that will attract other teams.  Jets have 3 weeks to turn those pathetic players around.  Anyone cares to bet on this? lol.

Everyone talked about Jay Gruden's about to be fired soon but Dan Quinn could be the first one to get canned.   Last year, Quinn fired several coaches as scapegoats and took over DC duty for this year.  Currently, Falcons are second in PA (points against) at the moment.    Dolphins - 163; Falcons - 152; Redskins - 151.