Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

8 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

So did the Patriots.  Brady completed 46% of his passes against them with  a 45 QB rating.  The Bills defense is really good.

Too bad they have Josh Allen. Who has 3 TD 6 INT so far with a 69 QB rating. He should have 8 INTs as he was real lucky he didn't throw 4 INTs vs us. 

In theory he had just as good of a chance of throwing 0 against the Jets. Of the two that counted one was tipped at the line and the other Beasley let bounce off his thigh.

Regardless his hero ball mentality is hurting the team but so far has only cost them one game which tends to happen when playing a superior team. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Did he suffer a setback? Thought he was suppose to be good after the bye. I am hoping he is good to go against NE b/c I honestly think the Jets can take one from them if he and Sam are back.

No setback.  He won't risk it any time before he becomes 100 percent healthy.  If he aggravated his hamstring issue then he could miss more than 10 games in a total. The reason he does that way is he doesn't play carefully.

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

In theory he had just as good of a chance of throwing 0 against the Jets. Of the two that counted one was tipped at the line and the other Beasley let bounce off his thigh.

Regardless his hero ball mentality is hurting the team but so far has only cost them one game which tends to happen when playing a superior team. 

He almost cost them 2 games, and he played 2 other games vs 2 of the worst teams in football. Cinci just got destroyed by the Steelers backup QB. And the Giants before starting Daniel Jones were garbage. 

Allen is what he is, hes athletic, has a big arm. But he tends to make dumb throws and will go wild. The Bills GM did a great job of giving him a stout OL though, something our last GM failed to do for this team, he ignored the OL for years and we are suffering.
TBH mono may have beena  good thing for Sam to not risk his health behind them. 

All in all, I still think that when it is said and done. Darnold still has a good chance at being the best QB from that class. Mayfield has more weapons than any QB in the league and is wildly inconsistent, as he has happy feet and can't read defenses.  Lamar Jackson tore up some terrible teams, but has been mediocre vs every quality team. He won't last long anyways because of his play style.  Josh Rosen is probably a bust, though he hasn't had much of a chance as he keeps starting on awful teams. 

Hopefully Joe Douglas won't fail in giving Sam the support he needs to be successful. 

45 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

He almost cost them 2 games, and he played 2 other games vs 2 of the worst teams in football. Cinci just got destroyed by the Steelers backup QB. And the Giants before starting Daniel Jones were garbage. 

Allen is what he is, hes athletic, has a big arm. But he tends to make dumb throws and will go wild. The Bills GM did a great job of giving him a stout OL though, something our last GM failed to do for this team, he ignored the OL for years and we are suffering.
TBH mono may have beena  good thing for Sam to not risk his health behind them. 

All in all, I still think that when it is said and done. Darnold still has a good chance at being the best QB from that class. Mayfield has more weapons than any QB in the league and is wildly inconsistent, as he has happy feet and can't read defenses.  Lamar Jackson tore up some terrible teams, but has been mediocre vs every quality team. He won't last long anyways because of his play style.  Josh Rosen is probably a bust, though he hasn't had much of a chance as he keeps starting on awful teams. 

Hopefully Joe Douglas won't fail in giving Sam the support he needs to be successful. 

Lamar Jackson at this stage his WAY better then anyone in the class

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Lamar Jackson at this stage his WAY better then anyone in the class

I said it before the draft, I still believe that Rosen is the best QB of the 2018 class. He has played with two of the worst NFL teams in the past twenty years. As bad as the Cards were last year the Miami is horrible they got rid of all there WRs no talent at all on that team. We still don't know about Darnold yet because he is playing behind a terrible O line and short on WRs. We have MACC to thank for that.

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

More dynamic but I still think the way Darnold ended last season is better than any stretch any of the 5 has put out there.

I can kinda agree with that. But that was like 10 months ago. And I need to see it in the present for me to fully back that

12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Did he suffer a setback? Thought he was suppose to be good after the bye. I am hoping he is good to go against NE b/c I honestly think the Jets can take one from them if he and Sam are back.

It would appear so considering we were lead to believe he had a chance of playing against CLE.

this has been a nightmare of a season for Jets fans. Not a single positive to take away so far 

Really liked what Pittsburg did offensively last night. Creative/gimmicky schemes to complement a limited QB. Falk isn’t on the same level as Rudolph, but if he’s starting, I’d like to see Gase take a similar approach. To be fair, our OL will make it very difficult to mimic any game plan dependent on a consistent rushing attack.

50 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It would appear so considering we were lead to believe he had a chance of playing against CLE.

this has been a nightmare of a season for Jets fans. Not a single positive to take away so far 

You are right it has been a nightmare season for all us Jet fans. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. You post is the best one sentence that has been said to describe the current season.