Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

31 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I liked Tim Williams as a situational pass rusher in 2017 and he was just released.  Now that is a guy we need to immediately claim.  We are desperate for anyone to get pressure off the edge.

Believe he had off the field issues. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Believe he had off the field issues. 

Recently or college?  Because yes he had some drug test issues in college I believe it was.

Still was a stud pass rusher just seemed like he couldn't do much else and couldn't pick up other aspects of the defense except "find QB hit QB".  Nothing wrong with a guy that can only do that as long as we only use him on 3rd down to rush the passer.

Edited by Rockice_8

19 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Recently or college?  Because yes he had some drug test issues in college I believe it was.

Still was a stud pass rusher just seemed like he couldn't do much else and couldn't pick up other aspects of the defense except "find QB hit QB".  Nothing wrong with a guy that can only do that as long as we only use him on 3rd down to rush the passer.

He’s seemed to be clean since he got in the NFL but had big issues in college. Hence why he was drafted in Round 3 with Round 1 talent. He never developed since drafted. He even was getting more reps with Baltimore’s 2 edges gone to FA and still did nothing with that this season. So Baltimore cut him. Might be worth a shot. I just wouldn’t expect much. Unfortunately I’m sure our staff is thinking that Jenkins and Copeland are coming back so we don’t need anyone really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s seemed to be clean since he got in the NFL but had big issues in college. Hence why he was drafted in Round 3 with Round 1 talent. He never developed since drafted. He even was getting more reps with Baltimore’s 2 edges gone to FA and still did nothing with that this season. So Baltimore cut him. Might be worth a shot. I just wouldn’t expect much. Unfortunately I’m sure our staff is thinking that Jenkins and Copeland are coming back so we don’t need anyone really.

Yeah... Also, I don't think Jets will immediately pencil Williams in starting line up. Jets have a bunch of youngsters, whom coaching staffs know better, are suitable in back up roles. 

Manish keeps trolling about our offense, but we have literally faced the 2 best defenses in football so far. The Patriots defense is allowing 6ppg right now, they are insanely good. 

I want to see how we do when Darnold returns and we start facing easier teams. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Manish keeps trolling about our offense, but we have literally faced the 2 best defenses in football so far. The Patriots defense is allowing 6ppg right now, they are insanely good. 

I want to see how we do when Darnold returns and we start facing easier teams. 

The offense deserves every bit of flack it gets. One TD through 3 games is terrible no matter the circumstances.

We’ll have a lot of answers soon enough though. It feels like these last 3 weeks have dragged on forever 

5 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The offense deserves every bit of flack it gets. One TD through 3 games is terrible no matter the circumstances.

We’ll have a lot of answers soon enough though. It feels like these last 3 weeks have dragged on forever 

When you play 2 of the best defenses in the league and down to a 3rd string QB, you have some reasons.

Anyways Ryan Kalil rates as one of the worst centers in football, he keeps doing this they need to bench him for Harrison. 

7 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

When you play 2 of the best defenses in the league and down to a 3rd string QB, you have some reasons.

Anyways Ryan Kalil rates as one of the worst centers in football, he keeps doing this they need to bench him for Harrison. 

No it isn't. Plain and simple. I have no clue how many drives we've had... but to only get 1 TD even if I was at QB would be awful.

8 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Not really no. I really really hope Joe Douglas and Chris Johnson don’t share that mentality.

Kalil doesn’t clean it up this week he needs to sit.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Diggs wants out of Minnesota. I’d atleast see what they want if I were JD!!!

Without question I'd be calling over there.  Have to hope things get worse as the deadline approaches because at this point they say they aren't trying to trade him.

Worth monitoring for sure.  Leo and a 3rd would be a dream scenario but probably not enough.

Edited by Rockice_8

38 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Without question I'd be calling over there.  Have to hope things get worse as the deadline approaches because at this point they say they aren't trying to trade him.

Worth monitoring for sure.  Leo and a 3rd would be a dream scenario but probably not enough.

They don’t have the cap space to take on Leo’s $14M. They’d need to clear about $4M. Possible if they decided to extend Leo which I doubt.

Robby plus a draft pick seems more resealable. We’d need to restructure his contract to make space though. 

How high a draft pick are y’all willing to give up for Diggs? I’d be cool with Robby plus a 2nd. Diggs, Crowder, Herndon and Bell is pretty solid. 

22 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

They don’t have the cap space to take on Leo’s $14M. They’d need to clear about $4M. Possible if they decided to extend Leo which I doubt.

Robby plus a draft pick seems more resealable. We’d need to restructure his contract to make space though. 

How high a draft pick are y’all willing to give up for Diggs? I’d be cool with Robby plus a 2nd. Diggs, Crowder, Herndon and Bell is pretty solid. 

I wouldn't give up anything more than a 3rd. We won't be good this year so our 2nd round pick is in essence a late late 1st.