2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The focus is on our offense looking like trash. McCarthy is just the easiest control group to compare it to.

A brand new offense immediately going up against the top defenses and the offense has had struggles?  That is goddamn shocking! 

Lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Now adjust for the opponent.  Average score against the Bears defense last year was 13.5 and the average score against the Vikings defense was 21.3

I mean you're averaging with a sample size of 2, with one number that is likely a statistical outlier.

Now compare to what we did last year with @ Chicago and vs. minnesota and we had 46 points compared to 31.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the real story on this one though is "being able to create a penalty flag on reviews" is a CAN OF WORMS.  After they created one on a "every aspect of the play is reviewed" play (was this the first one ever?), they were going to have to call it pretty tight for the rest of the game.

You are correct.  Precedent had been set in the game already.  That is why I wasn't mad about the Graham OPI in the 4th.  I just don't want these contact fouls to turn football into soccer or basketball with flops and stuff.  

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The focus is on our offense looking like trash. McCarthy is just the easiest control group to compare it to.

Of course the focus is SOLELY on the offense for the MCCARTHY fans, because they can't biatch about the outcomes of the first two games, or about the Defense, or about the special teams, so they focus on the lackluster offense to the exclusion of the positives.

As a PACKER fan, I'm thrilled that we finally beat Minnesota for the first time in about 1,000 days.

Edited by TheOnlyThing

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Fair enough.  Get back to me at the end of the season so we can all see where MLF stands.  I can only imagine how you must have been signing MM's praises after his 4-8 start in 2006.

Well I was 12, but my conclusion in retrospect was probably that it sure would be great if our average QB would retire, but I'm not sure that's relevant.

1 minute ago, WaitWhat said:

A brand new offense immediately going up against the top defenses and the offense has had struggles?  That is goddamn shocking! 

Lol

More or less shocking than Rodgers having 5 seconds in a clean pocket and the magical McVay, scheme guys open, no need to beat your guy one on one plays that have been run since camp are not working ?

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Of course the focus is SOLELY on the offense for the MCCARTHY fans, because they can't biatch about the outcomes of the first two games, or about the Defense, or about the special teams, so they focus on the lackluster offense to the exclusion of the positives.

As a PACKER fan, I'm thrilled that we finally beat Minnesota for the first time in about 1,000 days.

I'm pretty sure everyone is thrilled with the defense and the ST. 

Neither of which LaFleur manages. 

3 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

My recollection was that one of the refs came in with an initial spot that was very generous and looked like a first down. It wasn't mentioned on the broadcast. Might be what he saw. Still, you really hope your veteran QB would know what down it is.

That's exactly what he said he saw... He thought it was a favorable spot for the first down, so he ran a quick play to avoid instant replay... He totally owned his mistake, it was pretty cool.

He also thinks things will get going for Graham and MVS.

Everybody knew it would be tough to start with the combo of new system plus facing some top defensive units. Everybody knew this. And yet, STILL we have people surprised it’s been a slow start. We already saw improvement from week one to two in those first three drives today. That’s only going to get more frequent by the week. 

• Like 1

Just now, WaitWhat said:

Everybody knew it would be tough to start with the combo of new system plus facing some top defensive units. Everybody knew this. And yet, STILL we have people surprised it’s been a slow start. We already saw improvement from week one to two in those first three drives today. That’s only going to get more frequent by the week. 

I do think they'll get into a better rhythm but the lack of weapons at WR/TE are very real and won't be going away.