Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown

CWood21

Maybe I'm biased, but I'm going with Brandon Ingram.  I think there's just more he provides to a team than Brown, who I think projects more as a 3&D guy.  I don't see Jaylen Brown ever being a good shot creator, and I think what we saw from Brandon Ingram in the Summer League is what we're going to see this upcoming year.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe I'm biased, but I'm going with Brandon Ingram.  I think there's just more he provides to a team than Brown, who I think projects more as a 3&D guy.  I don't see Jaylen Brown ever being a good shot creator, and I think what we saw from Brandon Ingram in the Summer League is what we're going to see this upcoming year.

I agree entirely.  I believe Jaylen Brown will be a top fight 3&D guy in the league sometime in the future.  Brown will be a guy that can easily fit on every single team in the league and will be a huge asset for the Celtics.  Brandon Ingram is going to be one of the players the Lakers build around for the future.  I think Ingram will have a larger role and more responsibility than Brown will have.

Brown is probably the safer bet because Ingram has a higher risk of not panning out.  If both pan out and reach their potential, I believe Ingram is the better player.

54 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

What makes it not really close? Jaylen Brown showcased higher offensive and defensive ability during their rookie seasons, and JB is a fantastic athlete in his own right. I don't see what makes Jaylen Browns peak a 3&D guy either.

It goes back to your pre-draft analysis more likely than not.

As far as Brown's peak, he's never been a real offense creator even dating back to his days at Cal.  That isn't the case with Ingram where Luke Walton forced him to play a point forward role, which as a 19 year old is a TON of responsibility to have.  You'd anticipate his shooting to improve.

I don't see how people are saying JB is a 3 and D guy. He has many moves (sometimes too many) is always attacking the basket and finishing with way more body control and strength than Ingram. If anything JB needs to slow his game up and become better at spotting up and shooting 3's. But his scoring creativity is quite versatile IMO. He needs a good amount of polish though.

Overall It may go either way, but I wouldn't trade JB at this moment and are very hopeful he will put his "potential" together faster and higher that Ingram. I also worry that someone as slight as Ingram can stay healthy and durable longer. 

We should come back to this thread from time to time. Might get a laugh in a year or 2.

JB is a punk but I'll easily take him over Ingram. He could be a really good all star (fringe) type of player if all goes right. Love his 2 way game if he keeps improving it's easy for me. 

I'm not gonna give up on Ingram but I need to see a lot more from him this year. 

8 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

JB is a punk but I'll easily take him over Ingram. He could be a really good all star (fringe) type of player if all goes right. Love his 2 way game if he keeps improving it's easy for me. 

I'm not gonna give up on Ingram but I need to see a lot more from him this year. 

He's a punk? 

Brown. I don't think Ingram will ever do anything well enough to be more than a solid role player. He'll be a nice playmaker, and probably a decent shooter/defender when he bulks up but he'll never be special. He's nowhere near the shooter he was billed to be. Brown could be a big time 3 and D guy who if necessary can create for himself. I'd take him over Ingram by a fairly clear margin.

Archived