The Iron Chef!!

Illadelegend215

33 minutes ago, swede700 said:

As I just told someone else, based on this, I'd put Dalvin's target at about $12-$13M...and that's too rich for my blood.  I wouldn't trade him though...I'd let his contract play out and then let him test the market.  And when he doesn't get anywhere near that, let him come back for $10-$11M.

Yep. Run him into the ground and let him walk for a 3rd round compensatory pick, but under no circumstances should they pay him more than $10M. Just not worth it.

22 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Pretty crazy what McC has done. Looking at it from this lens he seems worth the contract. 

He has also been healthy enough to play. We have seen what cook can do when he plays a majority of the season healthy, I think he could have relatively similar numbers as well. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

He has also been healthy enough to play. We have seen what cook can do when he plays a majority of the season healthy, I think he could have relatively similar numbers as well. 

That should be enough of a concern to move on. He’s a RB who is going into year 4 and has yet to have a healthy season. Last year, his health slowed him down significantly for two months. He’s not a franchise RB and I wouldn’t feel comfortable paying him half of what McCaffrey got.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

That should be enough of a concern to move on. He’s a RB who is going into year 4 and has yet to have a healthy season. Last year, his health slowed him down significantly for two months. He’s not a franchise RB and I wouldn’t feel comfortable paying him half of what McCaffrey got.

Cook was 8th in the league in total rushing attempts. In other words he ran the ball more than most starting running backs last year.

That's a very healthy season if you just stop and think about what I just said. 

He was also the 6th in the league in total yards per scrimmage for RBs (ahead of Aaron Jones and Austin Eckler) -- 7th if you throw in WR Michael Thomas. That's good company -- see:

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=Y

This proves he was a franchise back last year. Why do you think he made the probowl?

I don't know what to tell several of you Vikings fans on this forum who seem bent on trying to prove otherwise. You'd think there'd be at least some respect for a guy who carried the load on this offense most of the year and smashed it in twice against the Saints. Were you upset he scored so many touchdowns while carrying the ball 250 times at 4.5 ypc? Were you disappointed in all the slipped tackles and yards after contact or screens for 1st downs? Or were you just thinking about how much the Vikings would have to eventually pay him? 

• Like 1