Week 3: Raiders (1-1) at VIKINGS (1-1)

swede700

In the last matchup between these teams, Adrian ran for 203 yds, while Teddy threw for only 140, what will happen this time?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. In the last matchup between these teams, Adrian ran for 203 yds, while Teddy threw for only 140, what will happen this time?

• Dalvin runs for less than 100 yds, Kirk throws for more than 300 yds
    • Dalvin < 100 yds, Kirk: 200-300 yds
    • Dalvin <100 yds, Kirk < 200 yds
    • Dalvin: 100-200 yds, Kirk >300 yds
    • Dalvin: 100-200 yds, Kirk: 200-300 yds
    • Dalvin: 100-200 yds, Kirk <200 yds
    • Dalvin > 200 yds, Kirk > 300 yds
    • Dalvin > 200 yds, Kirk: 200-300 yds
    • Dalvin > 200 yds, Kirk < 200 yds

I don't like going into games thinking it's going to be an easy win, but I think this is going to be a pretty convincing beatdown.

We've had games like this over the last number of years at US Bank Stadium, especially against AFC opponents (Miami last year, BAL and CIN the year before, HOU in 2016). Just as long as it doesn't turn into a repeat of the Indianapolis or Buffalo games, but I don't see that happening.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Well, it is pretty much documented that he's not very good when he has to come from behind.  It has nothing to do with talent as it is really a mental thing.  What are the Vikings to do if they find themselves, say 14 points behind in the 2nd half to Oakland?  Do you trust Cousins to lead the offense back?  Do you place it on the defense to not only stop the Raiders but to also score points?  Trust the kicking game to make five field goals?

And for the record...I don't dislike Kirk Cousins.  As I have said before, he's a good person and a great teammate.  I just don't trust him when the game is on the line.  I think the evidence is on my side.

You know very well that I was talking about Cousins the player and not Cousins the person.

On the relevant topics - I don't trust very many QBs in the entire NFL to come from behind. I certainly trust Cousins more than I trust Mannion. Cousins is a starting QB in the NFL. Not a top tier one, but a starter nonetheless. What sort of inspired leadership in the face of adversity have you seen from the backup QB on the roster?

Let's play out the scenario that a Mannion led offense finds a way to come back against a bad Raiders team. Are you leaving Cousins and the remaining money on his contract on the bench for 2 years? Do you think the Vikings as a team can withstand the circus that that would cause? And what happens when Mannion turns back into a pumpkin? The short term gain would not be worth any of the long term damage that yanking your starting QB without a lead would cause. It would be a bad move for the organization from top to bottom.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

I don't like going into games thinking it's going to be an easy win, but I think this is going to be a pretty convincing beatdown.

We've had games like this over the last number of years at US Bank Stadium, especially against AFC opponents (Miami last year, BAL and CIN the year before, HOU in 2016). Just as long as it doesn't turn into a repeat of the Indianapolis or Buffalo games, but I don't see that happening.

Well, the Vikes can come into this one of two ways.....

A. Be pissed off and crush Oakland like they SHOULD.

B. Let week 2 get to you and play uninspired ball.

I wish I could say I KNEW it would be option A but this team has played a handful of those games notably against Buffalo, Indy, and Chicago with a playoff spot on the line.

Either way, gotta get Kirk into a rhythm. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Hopefully Dalvin 100-200 and Kirk 200-300, I think that is going to be the sweet spot all year.

I turn 30 on Sunday so it would be great if they can get another convincing home win like they did against Atlanta, but I'll be happy with a win!

Happy Birthday 🎈 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I wish I could say I KNEW it would be option A but this team has played a handful of those games notably against Buffalo, Indy, and Chicago with a playoff spot on the line.

The answer is ‘A’. I think Oakland comes out with some moderate success. Chucky will come out with some decent game planning, but the Vikes will slowly crush their hopes. Vikings dominate and win by two TD’s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Interesting that the bolded also came in Week 3 after a convincing Week 1 game at home and a poor game at Lambeau. Think they'll be pointing that out this week?

31 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Interesting that the bolded also came in Week 3 after a convincing Week 1 game at home and a poor game at Lambeau. Think they'll be pointing that out this week?

If I were Zimmer, I would for sure.

A "friendly" reminder that on Any Given Sunday, you can lose regardless of the opponent (unless it's Miami).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Well, it is pretty much documented that he's not very good when he has to come from behind.  It has nothing to do with talent as it is really a mental thing.  What are the Vikings to do if they find themselves, say 14 points behind in the 2nd half to Oakland?  Do you trust Cousins to lead the offense back?  Do you place it on the defense to not only stop the Raiders but to also score points?  Trust the kicking game to make five field goals?

And for the record...I don't dislike Kirk Cousins.  As I have said before, he's a good person and a great teammate.  I just don't trust him when the game is on the line.  I think the evidence is on my side.

He did great last year in the first game against the packers, a ton in college (i am an MSU so i watched a majority of his college games), and other times.  We as a society tend to only dwell on the bad and ignore all the good...but continue to sound childish

Before the regular season began, Raider coach Jon Gruden made it clear that he wants to get the ball down the field. On Sunday against the Chiefs, the Raiders did not get the ball down the field. As noted by Vic Tafur of TheAthletic.com, the Raiders had zero passes on Sunday that traveled more than 25 yards past the line of scrimmage. Making that performance more glaring was that the opponent — the Chiefs — had eight of them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/17/raiders-arent-getting-the-ball-down-the-field/