Alshon Jeffery (calf)
Desean Jackson (abdominal)
Dallas Goedert (calf)
Tim Jernigan (foot)
Malik Jackson (foot)

W5 @ DAL:
Xavier Woods (ankle)
Michael Gallup (knee)

If we can win 2 of the next 3, we’ll be in damn fine shape. 

from PackersNews

Broncos Schemes

After 32 years in the NFL and two decades as a defensive coordinator, Fangio got his first shot at a head-coaching job with the Broncos, who had the 22nd-ranked unit last year. The Broncos remain a 3-4 base front, but Fangio does prefer umbrella zone coverage in the back end.

Offensively, first-year coordinator Rich Scangarello was plucked from San Francisco, where he was the quarterbacks coach. He worked with Packers head coach Matt LaFleur in Atlanta in 2015, and the Broncos want to be a run-first offense that then uses play-action to set up Flacco.

28 minutes ago, Norm said:

Is it bad I don't know what this means?

Edit. I guess it's cover 4.

Double edit. Do teams play base cover 4 and I'm just stupid?

yes.

Houston under romeo crenell is a good example.  One of the big "concerns" with AJ Bouye coming out into free agency was that he played in this scheme.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

yes.

Houston under romeo crenell is a good example.  One of the big "concerns" with AJ Bouye coming out into free agency was that he played in this scheme.

I don't get it. I'm dumb. Explain like I'm 5 why this makes sense and I'll like every post you make for a year.

Edited by Norm

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't get it. I'm dumb. Explain like I'm 5 why this makes sense and I'll like every post you make for a year.

Its just a "dont get beat over the top" principle. So you're a zone corner with help inside and underneath. You just cant let things get outside or over the top. Speedy LBs needed to clog up the middle. Forces you to play small ball as an offense. Relies on pressure to force the ball out quick so you can start jumping those small ball routes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

quarters coverage it's also called if that helps?  each of the 4 players (outside CBs, both safeties) are responsible for 1/4 of the deep areas of the field.  Usually this means that the CBs take the vertical routes on the outside.  But in practice it plays out very much like man coverage with some variation, such as if the outside receiver runs a crossing pattern the CB sometimes runs with him across the field depending on the scheme.

that leaves 2 flat defenders and one crossing route defender in the middle of the field which are usually CBs/LBs/3rd S depending on personnel.

• Like 1