Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

You are really getting heated over this, like I said it doesn’t offend ME, but NFL executives? Would this cause them to pause? Absolutely. Because they’re not just signing him to a deal, they’re also losing potential future resources if it turns south.

Nobody is getting heated. Just pointing out how stupid it is to claim that these minor incidents would give teams pause when superstars across the league can be cited for exactly the same thing, but it's never stopped them from being viewed as extremely coveted by everyone.

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

You are really getting heated over this

Well, yes, I suppose; but you want to remember that Jalen Ramsey IS afterall, a Jacksonville Jaguar. And to my way of thinking, mine and the rest of us staunch Jaguar fans, that stamps him as an NFL great, a misunderstood innocent, a player of the highest integrity and moral character, and an exemplar of all the virtues of sportsmanship and fine, clean, manly play! Now, I have followed the Jags since the halcyon days of Tony Boselli, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, et.al.; some may call us homers and hysterics, but that's us loyal Jacksonville fans- we bleed the dear old teal-black-and-white! Some may say that we take our team a little too seriously, that we are revealing inadverently how barren the rest of our lives are away from televised football; that we should maybe Get A Life; to the doubters and the critics, I stand firm behind all men who suit up in a Jacksonville Jags uniform, and a let out a defiant Jaguar roar:

RAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Image result for Jacksonville Jaguars

Edited by bzane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

You didn't just call it an incident. You implied that it reduces his value across the league. It doesn't. And it's ridiculous to imply that teams are going to view him as worth less to them because of incidents that happen across the league regularly and the NFL deemed to be not even worthy of a penalty.

But hey, you guys are in the thick of it so I suppose you guys will have to hold out the hope that Ramsey in the middle of his 3rd year asking for a hefty extension with multiple on field incidents to his name will net two top 10 picks.

edit: And I know it could look like sarcasm, but I’m saying if Ed Reed was in his prime I’m sure that’s the kind of value I would’ve wanted for him.

Implied that it reduced which value exactly? There’s the inherent value that every teams fan has for their players and then there’s the reality of the value that the player generally goes for in a trade. Like I said then, prime Ed Reed might FEEL like he’s worth two top 10 picks to Baltimore, but if another team trades for him the reality is likely only a late 1st and early 2nd. Justin Tucker is worth easily a 1st round pick for the Ravens, but another team trading for him might only be willing to offer a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Throw in the fact that excused or not Ramsey has been INVOLVED in incidents that will give some teams PAUSE and whether a fan feels he’s worth two top 10 picks, the reality is an opposing GM might have been willing to AT BEST pay two later (expected) firsts round picks, throw in the CONCERNS and they might only want to provide a late 1st, late 2nd, and a player/late 2nd to 3rd.

I’m sure Raiders fans thought Mack was worth two top 10 first round picks. But the reality is that the ACTUAL value they are likely to receive looks more like a late 1st/mid 2nd or a mid 1st round pick.

If the Ravens reported offer is to be believed, then the Ravens actually offered (a decent bit) MORE for Ramsey than the Raiders got for Mack... and that’s conservatively valuing Hayden Hurst as a late 3rd round pick.

So again, not sure where the slight is in any of that. I mean if you’re upset over that I’d better avoid nicknaming Minshew, “Ron Jeremy” or something or else I’ll wake up dead. 😳

Edited by diamondbull424

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Nobody is getting heated. Just pointing out how stupid it is to claim that these minor incidents would give teams pause when superstars across the league can be cited for exactly the same thing, but it's never stopped them from being viewed as extremely coveted by everyone.

Yet you reacted strongly to your perception of what I implied the lowered value to be. You say it’s stupid. However the Jaguars were asking (reportedly) for two first round picks. Yet they didn’t want to trade Ramsey because no team OFFERED two first round picks (reportedly).

Thus whether teams simply didn’t value Ramsey’s play at that level or whether some of Ramsey’s “concerns” made them offer less, the reality is clear... they didn’t offer what the Raiders wanted out of the deal (reportedly).

So if it’s “STUPID” then don’t blame me and call out how “STUPID” I am for saying it. Blame the NFL GMs. Heck perhaps you should write a strongly worded letter to the GMs of the 31 franchises in the NFL not based in Jacksonville and really let them really have it for their lack of intelligence....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Implied that it reduced which value exactly? There’s the inherent value that every teams fan has for their players and then there’s the reality of the value that the player generally goes for in a trade. Like I said then, prime Ed Reed might FEEL like he’s worth two top 10 picks to Baltimore, but if another team trades for him the reality is likely only a late 1st and early 2nd. Justin Tucker is worth easily a 1st round pick for the Ravens, but another team trading for him might only be willing to offer a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Throw in the fact that excused or not Ramsey has been INVOLVED in incidents that will give some teams PAUSE and whether a fan feels he’s worth two top 10 picks, the reality is an opposing GM might have been willing to AT BEST pay two later (expected) firsts round picks, throw in the CONCERNS and they might only want to provide a late 1st, late 2nd, and a player/late 2nd to 3rd.

I’m sure Raiders fans thought Mack was worth two top 10 first round picks. But the reality is that the ACTUAL value they are likely to receive looks more like a late 1st/mid 2nd or a mid 1st round pick.

If the Ravens reported offer is to be believed, then the Ravens actually offered (a decent bit) MORE for Ramsey than the Raiders got for Mack... and that’s conservatively valuing Hayden Hurst as a late 3rd round pick.

So again, not sure where the slight is in any of that. I mean if you’re upset over that I’d better avoid nicknaming Minshew, “Ron Jeremy” or something or else I’ll wake up dead. 😳

There's a difference between getting defensive and just calling out something that you're saying because truthfully, you're making it out to be way more than it is.

Ramsey is a guy who talks a lot so he naturally gets listed like you're doing, but the guy hasn't done anything to deserve any hesitations to trade for him due to incidents. Should people stay away from Von because of those "outbursts" on the field?

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There's a difference between getting defensive and just calling out something that you're saying because truthfully, you're making it out to be way more than it is.

Ramsey is a guy who talks a lot so he naturally gets listed like you're doing, but the guy hasn't done anything to deserve any hesitations to trade for him due to incidents. Should people stay away from Von because of those "outbursts" on the field?

Well if I’m making it out to be more than what it is, please explain to me why the Jags didn’t get the value they wanted for Ramsey (reportedly). Or do teams simply just not value his play at the value the Jaguars value it at? If they do not, why is that?

Please educate my stupidity, master sir of great wisdom....

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Every single unsportsmanlike penalty comes with a minimum fine. Jalen wasn't fined. Ergo, he didn't commit an unsportsmanlike penalty, no matter how dramatic of a description you want to retell the story with.

I don't care what happened following it, the video is out there for all to see. He made a dirty move and Green handled it, don't think the league needed to send him a message. If Green tears his knee on it it is looked at differently. Green was fine but he decided not to take it in that instance and was wrong for doing what he did but that doesn't make it okay that Ramsey shoved him to the ground from behind after the play. He certainly was instigating something, sometimes the bully pushes the wrong guy.

To Ramsey's credit he did go looking for Green in the opposing locker room after the game to fight him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Thus whether teams simply didn’t value Ramsey’s play at that level or whether some of Ramsey’s “concerns” made them offer less, the reality is clear... they didn’t offer what the Raiders wanted out of the deal (reportedly).

Or, you know, the multiple reports from multiple sources that Shad Khan stepped in to stop trade negotiations while he tries to mend the fence are true and we don't know anything beyond that the first few offers they got didn't meet their wants. 

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't care what happened following it, the video is out there for all to see. He made a dirty move and Green handled it, don't think the league needed to send him a message. If Green tears his knee on it it is looked at differently. Green was fine but he decided not to take it in that instance and was wrong for doing what he did but that doesn't make it okay that Ramsey shoved him to the ground from behind after the play. He certainly was instigating something, sometimes the bully pushes the wrong guy.

To Ramsey's credit he did go looking for Green in the opposing locker room after the game to fight him.

"I don't care that the NFL said it shouldn't have been a penalty. I've already made up my mind and will tell everyone that I'm right in spite of the NFL - which fines players regularly even in borderline situations - chose to err on Jalen's side."

Ok.

13 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well if I’m making it out to be more than what it is, please explain to me why the Jags didn’t get the value they wanted for Ramsey (reportedly). Or do teams simply just not value his play at the value the Jaguars value it at? If they do not, why is that?

Please educate my stupidity, master sir of great wisdom....

Maybe because it's week 3 and teams still don't know how good/bad they are or if it's worth trading that much capital this early if they're chances aren't that high. To go along with that teams know we aren't the ones trying to trade him, he wants out which makes teams try and low-ball to see if we're desperate.

This isn't hard.

Not to mention of course Jaguars want a kings ransom for a young top end corner with some control. They won't deal him unless they get overpaid most likely.

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

Or, you know, the multiple reports from multiple sources that Shad Khan stepped in to stop trade negotiations while he tries to mend the fence are true and we don't know anything beyond that the first few offers they got didn't meet their wants. 

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Maybe because it's week 3 and teams still don't know how good/bad they are or if it's worth trading that much capital this early if they're chances aren't that high. To go along with that teams know we aren't the ones trying to trade him, he wants out which makes teams try and low-ball to see if we're desperate.

This isn't hard.

Not to mention of course Jaguars want a kings ransom for a young top end corner with some control. They won't deal him unless they get overpaid most likely.

Sounds good.

31 minutes ago, pwny said:

"I don't care that the NFL said it shouldn't have been a penalty. I've already made up my mind and will tell everyone that I'm right in spite of the NFL - which fines players regularly even in borderline situations - chose to err on Jalen's side."

Ok.

Well show me where the NFL said he shouldn't have got an unsportsmanlike penalty for the shove and don't say because he wasn't fined because those aren't usually fined.

Either way it was a punk move just like shoving his coach and threatening reporters for which the team did suspend him. He also didn't attempt to chase or tackle on multiple plays on Derrick Henry's big and I lost respect for him as a football player after that and would be upset if my team traded a 3rd for him. Not because that is all he is worth but because I'd rather spend the money on my own players who at least consistently give effort.

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well show me where the NFL said he shouldn't have got an unsportsmanlike penalty for the shove and don't say because he wasn't fined because those aren't usually fined.

If you don't understand that the NFL requires all unsportsmanlike penalties to be accompanied by a fine, there's really no reason to continue discussing this with you.