Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:
4 hours ago, .Buzz said:
4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sometimes Smoke is just that, Smoke! That might be Jacksonville's idea, but it's not the Eagles FO! 

No one in JAX media has said anything about the Eagles or an offer though.

Doubt any of it happens personally but interesting nonetheless.

Yes but I'm always amused by Anonymous sources reporting potential trades, inside sources, enough BS thrown on walls hoping something , anything sticks? Only to disappear like a thief in the night when proven it wasn't remotely accurate or the case.

That's all. 

Ive been saying the whole time that the eagles are going to trade for him. Last week the jags played on thursday, now the eagles are playing thursday. Would make a lot of sense for Jalen to get traded on Friday, so that he gets a lot of time with the eagles. 

With that being said, its much more likely he stays

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

xDxD

Reading your thoughts and "offers" in this thread is hilarious.

Offers?

I've never suggested an offer. Literally all I've posted are tweets from someone who says they have sources about potential offers that have been made and that I don't like the 1st/3rd/Hurst offer.

Happy to entertain though.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:30 AM, pwny said:

Jalen has been sick before and knew that teams require players to see the team doctor when they have an illness, even when it doesn't cause them to miss practice.

There's gotta be no way he thought faking an illness would get him out of a fine. Plus that doesn't really fit his MO anyway. He held a press conference saying he wanted to be traded. He went on a podcast and said that someone in the front office (Coughlin) pissed him off. If he wanted to not go to practice, a guy who's always been forthcoming and is as loud as Jalen is wouldn't pull the "I'm sick" card, especially knowing the team would make him see the team doctor.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:41 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Practice will offer the first clue as to Ramsey's strategy. If he participates in practice, he will appear to be going along with the team's stance. But if because of his continued unhappiness, Ramsey finds a reason not to practice, that will be a sign that the showdown is on.

- Adam Schefter via ESPN 

its like he knew this was going to happen. Weird

On 9/23/2019 at 11:57 AM, diamondbull424 said:

If I was Jalen I would’ve went with a “mysterious” back injury, those are always difficult to gauge.

But I understand what you’re saying however Jalen also doesn’t want to get to a point where he’s viewed in the same light as a pre-sex assault Antonio Brown. He tried being the consummate teammate. He tried being respectful with his demands that were then leaked.

So I’m sure this latest incident was recommended to him by his agent. Being sick allows him to not be fined, it allows the team to know he’s serious about a trade, and it’s also something that won’t hurt his trade value.

If it were a back injury as I mentioned, an opposing team could use that to hurt his trade value. Jacksonville has to know that’s the potential next step and need to move on quickly to get as much value as possible before his value starts to dissipate.

I was wrong when I said that the Jaguars would trade Ramsey by Monday of this week. But @KhanYouDigIt and myself have been saying this since last week. The “flu” symptoms were simply Jalen trying to keep his trade value as high as possible for the Jaguars.

Now with the “back” (called it) and “hamstring” (that’s a fantastic play), this isn’t going to get ANY better. I’m sure at this point teams will keep their offers the same for this week, but if the “power play” continues, Ramsey is going to continue to do things that are uncharacteristic of who he is... to force himself out of Jacksonville. If Minshew mania and the owner saying he’s willing to make him the highest paid corner doesn’t change Ramsey’s mind, nothing will. He’s not playing anymore this season for the Jaguars.

Could the Jags be petty and put him on IR and trade him at the end of the season? Sure.

But if they do that they risk other players not wanting to become a Jag in free agency because of such maneuvers. Similar to how talented players don’t want to go to the Redskins. Only past their prime veterans seem to go there for one last paycheck at this point. That’s all due to player perception.

Does Yannick resign with a team willing to do that to a star? Absolutely not. So now you’re forced to rebuild vs repurpose. At least with a trade they can salvage some respect in the players eyes and by firing TC can hope to retain a building block like Yannick moving forward.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Offers?

I've never suggested an offer. Literally all I've posted are tweets from someone who says they have sources about potential offers that have been made and that I don't like the 1st/3rd/Hurst offer.

Happy to entertain though.

It was reportedly a 1st/2nd/Hurst offer. But I do like the 1st/3rd/Hurst option better.

Especially now that Ramsey reportedly has a back and hamstring issue.

Honestly he sounds kind of injury prone now, perhaps a 1st/3rd makes more sense. 🤔

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

It was reportedly a 1st/2nd/Hurst offer. But I do like the 1st/3rd/Hurst option better.

Especially now that Ramsey reportedly has a back and hamstring issue.

Honestly he sounds kind of injury prone now, perhaps a 1st/3rd makes more sense. 🤔

Hurst barely if at all moves the needle with that contract and what he's shown (or lack there of) so far.

But I guess we'll see soon if this trade happens early week this week like you suggested.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Hurst barely if at all moves the needle with that contract and what he's shown (or lack there of) so far.

But I guess we'll see soon if this trade happens early week this week like you suggested.

according to Diamond he would be a Raven Monday the latest lol

• Like 1