Week 3 GDT: Raiders @ Vikings

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The more I think about it the more I think we are going to get blown off the field, especially since we are banged up seemingly everywhere. 

We only have 3 weapons on offense. Waller, Jacobs and Williams. Two of those are banged up. The rest of our WR core is trash. Richard and Dwash are both 3rd down backs who are prone to fumbling.

I can see that team being fired up after a close loss to GB, which really they had every opportunity to win and probably should've. Cousins just crapped the bed. That's our only hope is Cousins crapping the bed. 

I'm gonna say 34 - 17 Vikings. Carr throws multiple picks again and the pressure starts to really mount on him.

Yeah, I agree. I think Carr is going to press again. He gets into his own head when he does that. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Fwiw... Jacobs did another IGS just now and said the IV's are bringing him back to life.

Jacobs is playing.  Many of the guys were noted as day to day.  I'm sure Gruden didn't want to show his hand if he could get away with it.  The NFL can spank him if it's too obvious.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The more I think about it the more I think we are going to get blown off the field, especially since we are banged up seemingly everywhere. 

We only have 3 weapons on offense. Waller, Jacobs and Williams. Two of those are banged up. The rest of our WR core is trash. Richard and Dwash are both 3rd down backs who are prone to fumbling.

I can see that team being fired up after a close loss to GB, which really they had every opportunity to win and probably should've. Cousins just crapped the bed. That's our only hope is Cousins crapping the bed. 

I'm gonna say 34 - 17 Vikings. Carr throws multiple picks again and the pressure starts to really mount on him.

Yup, thinking something like 32-21, 30-20, or 34-17. We match up the worst with Minnesota more so than any other team. Even if we were a 13-3 team, this would be one of my predicted losses here. Plus it's on the road, where Minnesota is really tough.

On 9/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, S&B Bleeder said:

I attended games at Frank Youell field.....but don't tell anybody.

I remember all there was between the crowd and the bench was a rope, I would run under the rope and a security guard would shoo me back under. Wow I haven't thought about that in awhile. You could literally talk to players on sideline

• Like 2

Some thoughts:

We need to get jacobs the ball in the pass game

OL needs to show out like game 1

I want to see some rhythm completions (crossers) and short completions early in drives

I want to see waller get more deep/seam targets

Can we exploit the vikes interior OL and slow down their receiver duo?

Is JJ nelson the offense's X-factor? Guys will be keying in on waller/williams, can he take the top off?

• Like 1

Would love to be proven wrong, but I feel like we’ve got no chance here. We always struggle going east anyway, and it’s just a bad matchup in nearly every facet of the game, at a very tough venue.

Starting last week, this is a brutal stretch of games, and we really need a couple of unexpected wins to prevent the season becoming a complete write off - but I just can’t see this being one of them.

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I feel like we're gonna get smacked, but I want so desperately to be wrong. 
It's like the rational pessimist and irrational optimist in me are at war.

I am an eternal optimist, so I say Raiders win a tight contest - 17-14; Carlson with the winning FG in the dying seconds.

56 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

On offense it became very apparent that once KC took away Williams Carr had nowhere else to go. Gruden needs to work on getting these other guys more involved.

I can't bring myself to rewatch. Once trent went down and the score increased, we went away from the run. 

Waller needed more targets.

We need at least 1 more WR to step up. Davis hopefully can be something. I don't want to see any more of Davis. Renfrow is too young and will never be a true #2 imo. JJ nelson might be that guy. He looked impressive at camp by all reports and if he can be a playmaker, that can keep defenses honest.