Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

TheBitzMan

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thanks for the insight. We're pretty banged up right now at WR and KR, so he may get some playing time early.

Didn't Harris get hurt against KC on a return? He's a good returner but if you need some wide out help this kid could be ok to be a smaller slot speed guy. Don't hope for 100 yards a game though.

Edited by PACKRULE
wrong name

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thanks for the insight. We're pretty banged up right now at WR and KR, so he may get some playing time early.

Honestly?  I don't think you will find anyone here badmouthing Davis on the way out.

In fact, one of our posters, I think it was @Outpost31 has defended him as a difference maker as a returner.  And his findings are pretty spot on.

Personally, I feel like he has WR potential.  He needs to beat press coverage more and he needs to learn the physical part of playing WR.  But you can't teach that speed.  I think you got a nice lottery ticket there.  And we will happily take the pick, because there really wasn't a chance we re-sign him in the off-season.  We've got other, younger WR's that need to see some snaps to see if they progress ahead of Davis.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

http://m.thepostgame.com/tyreek-hill-fastest-nfl-watkins-tremon-chiefs

"I'm not the fastest guy in this locker room," Hill said. "39 is faster than me."

Rookie Tremon Smith wears No. 39 and was drafted in the sixth round out of Central Arkansas. The cornerback ran a 4.38 in the 40 at his pro day.

"The kid got wheels," Hill said.

Didn't Hill run 4.3 flat or some ****? 

Just now, PACKRULE said:

Norm your guy is going to get some play yet this year. If we ever face anything less than a top 5 defense. I bet he catches a TD before Graham does.......oh the board will love that an I hope i am wrong.

Graham already scored one though?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Only thing I don't like about this move (and it's a small concern) is that our WR core just got even slower than it already is. 

How? He never saw the field on offense so even though he is part of the core he was never used so GB didn’t lose speed it was never seeing the field, sans teams. And MVS is the deep threat with 4.3 speed so they have the guy to take the top off.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

How? He never saw the field on offense so even though he is part of the core he was never used so GB didn’t lose speed it was never seeing the field, sans teams. And MVS is the deep threat with 4.3 speed so they have the guy to take the top off.

Davis had the second most important reception in the Bears game and it's because the Bears respected his speed. I believe even Rodgers pointed that out.