Who do you want as HC

LoganF89

I will say this, if Bruce isn’t gone then I don’t care who coaches the team. I got so tired of Ernie Grunfeld that I simply stopped watching and if Bruce isn’t gone soon I will do the same with the Redskins. If it’s possible for someone like me who never misses games to contemplate giving up and moving on then Dan should be terrified because I’m sure there’s a lot more just like me out there considering the same thing. 

• Like 2

Personally, I would rather have a college coach than a retread tire already in the nfl. (Lewis, Fisher, etc)

But then I get Spurrier flashbacks & I have to rethink my position.

Maybe we should hire a female coach? Break the ice in that regard.

Are there any female college football coaches out there?

Sounds funny & ridiculous, but maybe we could get some fans back?

The whole stadium filled with women...lol

I wouldn't be upset...😁

Then the Redskins could fire back, everytime they bring up the name change.

That at least we're not shouvanistic as a ball club.

Throw political correctness right back at the world.

I'm kidding btw...We do need a new coach, though.

I always thought Russ Grimm would make a good coach.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Pains me to say it, but I think I want defense and I’d like to look at Kris Richard. 

This would be my choice at the moment. 

The words I’m looking for in a next coach are ones like “organized,” “prepared,” “detail oriented,” “relentless,” etc. For all the talk of McVay’s “brilliance” as an offensive mind, he doesn’t really do that much in terms of a wide array of plays and concepts. He employs a fairly simple offense, I think, but he has his team executing it at such a high level.

That was the biggest takeaway for me from the lead up to last year’s Super Bowl — the comparisons and similarities between the way Belichick and McVay prepare and how they sweat the details to have their guys ready to execute at the highest level possible. 

From what I’ve read and heard about Kris Richard, he would fit into that mold. This article really brings home the point about the ability to meld preparation with teaching and to strike the balance between passion/fire and cold hard analysis. That’s what I’m looking for. Plus, there are some intangibles (the good looks/charisma of a McVay, the fact that he’s a minority candidate, the fact that we could keep some continuity for Haskins by retaining O’Connell on the offensive side, etc) that would make him an appealing choice for the franchise as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Eric Bienemy

Chris Peterson

Mike Leach

Did you watch the Wazzu/UCLA game last night?  Keep Leach far away.  

Every time Peterson is brought up, it's an interesting thought, but I just don't think the college transition works for very many coaches, and certainly not in a dysfunctional organization like ours. 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Did you watch the Wazzu/UCLA game last night?  Keep Leach far away.  

Every time Peterson is brought up, it's an interesting thought, but I just don't think the college transition works for very many coaches, and certainly not in a dysfunctional organization like ours. 

I don’t want Leach for the quality, I’m in it for the memes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I will say this, if Bruce isn’t gone then I don’t care who coaches the team. I got so tired of Ernie Grunfeld that I simply stopped watching and if Bruce isn’t gone soon I will do the same with the Redskins. If it’s possible for someone like me who never misses games to contemplate giving up and moving on then Dan should be terrified because I’m sure there’s a lot more just like me out there considering the same thing. 

But yes, what lavar said. It doesn't really matter who is brought in to be the next head coach if Brice is still involved with this franchise.