BDL 2019 Week 3 - Gotham Gashslayers @ Camden Hood Rats

ny92mike

Gotham Gashslayers @ Camden Hood Rats  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gotham Gashslayers
    • Camden Hood Rats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2019 at 04:59 AM

I mean having 2/3 of your starting CBs out would normally be a death sentence in BDL but looking at Gotham's WRs/passcatchers.... I don't think it hurts them all that much aside from some blown assignments. 

Still Gotham has the advantage in the trenches, gameplan and matchup wise. 

So, the back 7 of Camden took some massive hits.  However, Parker and Hurst aren't exactly the type to threaten a defense.  And Bouye can at least limit Landry. 

My biggest issue with the Gotham offense is that I have no clue what the 2nd RB is doing.  Is he splitting out to lighten the box?  Or is he basically just a body in the box that isn't even blocking?  

Gotham does sport a formidable defense which should limit the Camden offense.  But without Tyreek, and with a 2nd RB just there, I don't think the Gotham offense does enough against a defense that basically sold out to stop their run game.  Camden wins an ugly slobberknocker of a game at home.

Yeah I’m still going Camden here. Witherspoon has shown improvement this year although he got hurt irl this week. Camden’s weapons with Lamar makes for an attack that would be must see TV. And Rags made a good point that I went back over the game plan and looked for the 2nd RB usage. It just said heavier run game. 

I still have the same concerns over Gotham offense than I did last week. They have one useless piece in the ground game with that 2nd RB and I think even Witherspoon can cover Parker with ease. I did enjoy a lot their defensive gameplan and I think they do limit Camden O. But I don't see their offense moving the ball at all in this one.

20-10 Camden

I, too, would like to see more description of Gotham’s offense and the 2nd RB but I don’t think it’s a death sentence by itself. It’s not like he’s just going to be standing there so I would assume he’s at least attempting to block/take up a defender. 

I do think a creative multiple RB offense is the best for Gotham as it puts their best talent onto the field and I appreciate the effort. It’s possible it’s just not viable in the way I’m imagining. 

I think Gotham finds some success running the ball as I’m really not a fan of Camden’s linebacking group but Jamal Adams as a robber keeps the damage from piling up too high. I think Bouye handles Landry and as others have said, the rest of Gotham’s pass catchers don’t inspire confidence. 

I also think Camden struggles to generate a ton of offense. I think Lamar is better than we saw this week but he’s not the guy (yet) that we saw in weeks 1 and 2. He finds some success with Hopkins and with the tight ends (as JLash did a good job of planning against blitzes). I think Camden struggles to run the ball as the Gotham front is pretty fearsome and Michel has had a slower start than expected. In the end I think Camden is able to grind out a couple of good drives which is enough to win. 

• Like 1