MNF: Chicago at Washington

Malfatron

Winner?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Tie
    • Chicago
    • Redskins

Did anyone question the Bears not winning this game? The real question was how impressive they would look winning this game. The Skins are a bad team this year so I'd take this performance with a grain of salt, they beat a team they were supposed to beat. The defense does what it usually does by taking the ball away and putting the offense in great field position. 

Think the Vikings are catching the Bears at the wrong time, Mitch looks like he's managing the game well now and that defense will give him every opportunity to succeed. I give the Bears the slight edge at home but will be shocked if they dominate and take apart the Vikings like they did last season.  The NFC North is hands down the toughest division in NFC. Gonna be a blood bath every time we play each other.

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Are they though? What makes you say that?

Yeah, outside of a few plays the Bears offense was still fairly unimpressive. They had trouble moving the ball most of the night, putting up just 298 yards on offense, which (for reference sake) is the equivalent of being bottom 5 in the league in yards/game. They scored 24 points on offense, but 7 of those came on a touchdown where they started at the Washington 11 yard line. Against the worst defense in the league, that's like the bare minimum for an acceptable game.  

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

A good defense would correct and stop what Mitch was trying to do in the short game last night. The Redskins don't have that, thus why he was still able to do it. 

Those constant 3 yard passes aren't going to work as well against the Packers or Lions defenses, who play tons of press man.  

Edited by fortdetroit
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

A good defense would correct and stop what Mitch was trying to do in the short game last night. The Redskins don't have that, thus why he was still able to do it. 

Correction: A well coached team would correct and stop what Mitch was trying to do in the short game last night. 

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Redskins are the worst NFC team

I think it's just absolutely ridiculous that Jay Gruden hasn't been fired yet.  Other than being Jon Gruden's brother, he's done nothing to earn being allowed to stay on as the Redskins HC.

I'll go out on a limb to say he's as bad as Jeff Fisher, and he's a carbon copy of him when it comes to alienating QBs.  Something about his saying he was going to stubbornly stick with Keenum last night tells me he doesn't want Haskins there.  I hope he gets fired before the season is up so Haskins has a chance to succeed.

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yes. By actually watching games and seeing improvements in each one.

I mean, I guess so. I've only watched their Week 1 and Week 3 games in full. Week 1 was a rock bottom offensive performance, so I guess you could say they technically had no direction to go but up. Did they improve Week 2 when Trubisky threw for 120 yards? Hard to imagine that being true.

I think any perceived improvements after Week 3 have more to do with the level of competition than anything. Denver and Green Bay field two of the better defenses in the league, while the Redskins really aren't playing near that level. I guess we'll have to wait and see.