Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

11 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

His 33.5 Mil annual cap hit is third most in the NFL behind Wilson and Roethlisberger. No one is expected to top his deal this coming offseason either. He’s paid like an MVP, but he’s been averaging 21 TDs a year since 2016 ended. He has game manager stats. 

Which could also mean the past 3 years the offensive scheme was indeed offensive and oh yeah, he was hurt 2 of the last 3 years too.  That being said, his stats are indeed down and I expect them to do nothing but go on for the rest of the season.

9 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

His 33.5 Mil annual cap hit is third most in the NFL behind Wilson and Roethlisberger. No one is expected to top his deal this coming offseason either. He’s paid like an MVP, but he’s been averaging 21 TDs a year since 2016 ended. He has game manager stats. 

You mean 2017 and 2018?  Also known as the year (2017) Rodgers played less than half a season due to a broken collar bone, and the year (2018) he played through a sprained MCL and tibia fracture suffered in the first half of week 1?  Great analysis bud.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did you seriously just use two 7 game seasons in your TD a year average? He was on pace for 34 in 2017 and this year is on pace for 28.

Those aren’t MVP numbers, he’s missed half of each of the last two seasons, yeah. That’s another knock on his value, not a positive. He’s overpaid because he’s not producing as his contract would dictate he should be.

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Those aren’t MVP numbers, he’s missed half of each of the last two seasons, yeah. That’s another knock on his value, not a positive. He’s overpaid because he’s not producing as his contract would dictate he should be.

you're all over the place with your facts ha

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Just don't buy your argument at all. We're paying him what he's worth, and we'll be getting a steal in a few years.

53 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You mean 2017 and 2018?  Also known as the year (2017) Rodgers played less than half a season due to a broken collar bone, and the year (2018) he played through a sprained MCL and tibia fracture suffered in the first half of week 1?  Great analysis bud.

If I pay you 105 Million to play 48 games and you can only play in 34 games it’s exactly like I paid you 105 million to play 34 games. Availability is important. I get that people can’t put emotion aside, but he hasn’t been an MVP candidate the last two years, doesn’t look like one this year, and he’s been paid more than anyone in that span.

You are talking about pay, production has to match it. It’s the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

If I pay you 105 Million to play 48 games and you can only play in 34 games it’s exactly like I paid you 105 million to play 34 games. Availability is important. I get that people can’t put emotion aside, but he hasn’t been an MVP candidate the last two years, doesn’t look like one this year, and he’s been paid more than anyone in that span.

You are talking about pay, production has to match it. It’s the NFL. 

People don't need to put emotions aside, you take the first 5 games of 17 when he was healthy and the first 7 games of this season healthy and you get a 10-2 record, 26 TDs, 4 INTs. Freak injuries happen, doesn't make Rodgers overpaid in the slightest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry Norm ... sometimes your sarcasm gets old.  However, Mac indeed had to go.

There's also no reason to talk about Mac had to go for back pats anymore. Everyone is on the same page.

That was the point of my sarcasm.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

There's also no reason to talk about Mac had to go for back pats anymore. Everyone is on the same page.

That was the point of my sarcasm.

When I got blasted the last 2 years for saying Mac had to go, ya dang right I'm gonna rub it in a bit. Surprised I waited THIS long. :) 

Edited by Slinky

58 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Not sure there are any players in the NFL worth what they are making.  However, that being said, QB is the position you have to have and usually overpay.  Rodgers production over the years is reliant on many factors:  offensive scheme, his health, the talent surrounding him, the teams health, who they play and when plus other factors.  Qb's get paid for both what they have done and what they probably can do.  He's not been his fantastic producing self the past few years no doubt.  However, things are starting to gel hopefully and those less than MVP numbers you are so disappointed with will reappear and earn that contract.  

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Only Mahomes is gonna reset the market. He’s top 5 paid through 2021.

Market doesn't have to be reset to overpay for a qb.  There are a ton of them right now that have a contract that's goofy for what they are producing and some coming up as a free agent will surprise some what they will be wanting!  What Rodgers is making compared to other qb's isn't obscene by any means.  He's locked in on his contract while others aren't so we know what we are in for salary cap wise.  Very rare for a team to go very far without a qb making big money leading their team to the promised land.